Search results

1. farmerbw

Adhesive for Glass?

We have a glass table with a segmented, I guess you'd call it that, glass pedestal/base. The short version is that the adhesive between 2 of the segments gave out while picking it up to move it. I'm looking for a way to "glue" the pedestal back together. It actually appears that it's not held...
  2. farmerbw

Someone wanted insulation for a cutting mat?

Since there was a recent post inquiring about foam insulation to be used as a cutting surface I wonder if this would work ok or if styrofoam would be too brittle. The price certainly makes it look worth a try! https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/d/styrofoam-for-sale/6495115240.html STYROFOAM...
  3. farmerbw

Storm doors in Raleighwood

Looking for recommendations for purchasing storm doors in the Raleighwood area. We have some '80s era metal ones that have seen better days. One is coming apart and I had to swap the glass panel in it out from one of the others after something broke it. I figure I should just replace all 3...
  4. farmerbw

Need some roofing suggestions

This isn't really DIY since I'm pretty certain that I'm not doing the work, but I'm in need of a solution to a roofing problem.... so here goes. Long story short a newly renovated home has had a leaking roof since it was built and after several attempts by the builder and one other "patch" by...
  5. farmerbw

Recent plaques for a wedding

Some may remember that I was asking about using Modge Podge or other alternatives for attaching card stock to wood for a plaque for a wedding present. After some feedback from a few users, some helpful pointers, a few youtube videos, and lots of blog reading I was off. I decided to go with the...
  6. farmerbw

Corded Hammer drill or impact driver

Anyone in the Raleighwood area have a corded hammer drill or impact driver I could borrow for weekend? I need to drive a 3/4"x8" lag bolt into a tree to support a tree house and even after predrilling the tree I don't think my cordless one is up to the task of something that big. I have a...
  7. farmerbw

How to protect card stock attached to wood?

Well, as the title says, I've been asked to attach a piece of card stock, i.e. wedding invitation, to a piece of wood and to protect it somehow.... I thought about trying my luck with decoupage, but I'm not so sure that'll work on this venture as it seems to involve covering the whole piece...
  8. farmerbw

RAL CL Dewalt 735

Someone may want to try to get on this, looks in decent shape and the price looks pretty good..... Not mine.... etc, etc... http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/5309259063.html DEWALT DW735 13" PLANER - $200 (Moncure) safety tips prohibited items product recalls avoiding scams...
  9. farmerbw

How about some donation matching?

In response to Hank's thread I've got an idea.... How about some donation matching? Since my employer won't match my donations to our great site as they claim it doesn't meet their criteria... :icon_scra I'll offer up some matching of my own. Through midnight tonight, or there abouts, I'll...
  10. farmerbw

Cantilever bookshelf assembly questions

Hopefully I picked the correct section for this..... As indicated in the title I'm going to build a cantilever, I think that's the proper name for it, bookshelf for our oldest daughters room. In concept it seems pretty simple, but due the reclaimed materials I'm going to use I'm unsure as to...
  11. farmerbw

SYP Raleigh CL

Looks like 84 Lumber is having a clearance on 2x6x105 SYP, $2.50 each instead of $5.50 each. Seems someone was looking for some a while ago. No affiliation.... blah, blah, blah, just looks like a pretty good deal. 2X6X105" (8'9") SYP Lumber $2.50 each - $3 (Raleigh)...
  12. farmerbw

New CNC player in town?

Just saw this on CL and it seems to be a fairly new product. I know nothing about CNC's, but have seen that there are several folks on the site that have them, are building them, or may be looking to buy them. No affiliation with these guys and no experience with their products. Just thought...
  13. farmerbw

Anchors away

LOML and I made this turntable back during the summer, during our vacation out of state of all times, for her mom's beach house. I had cut and prepped the discs before we left, and tried to mark the layout for the lazy susan bearing, but had to trudge along any tools I thought I'd need as well...
  14. farmerbw

Recent small project for a wedding

LOML and I made this for a family members wedding a few weeks ago. It's made from Cedar with Purple Heart trim, acrylic paints, wood burned designs, and GF WB poly for a top coat. This pic with a lot of glare shows the sparkles in the paint that you can see in person. Thanks for looking. B.
  15. farmerbw

Cool new JessEm TS stock guide

Got an email this morning advertising JessEm's new TS stock guide. It looks pretty cool and has some nice features. Not sure if I'll be rushing out to order one just yet though! :) B
  16. farmerbw

Need recommendations for Lazy Susan

Anyone have any recommendations or experience with lazy susan bearings they'd like to share? I'm building a turntable for a "kitchen" table and will be needing one of these in the real near future so I'm probably gonna have to go local for it. The top of the turntable is 28" and the bottom...
  17. farmerbw

Updated, repaired: Lathe assistance needed to repair a relatives cane

I was at a family reunion a couple of weekends ago and had a relative ask me if I could help him repair a cane he had made. It took him and a fellow woodworker 15 months to make this cane several years ago. He's sold all his tools and has given up ww'ing due to health reasons, so he's unable...
  18. farmerbw

DeWalt DW735 on Clayton CL

Someone should jump on this, looks like a good deal... Not mine, no affiliation...etc.... Here's the linky Dewalt DW735 13 in. Two-Speed Thickness Planer - $350 (clayton nc) © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap (google map)...
  19. farmerbw

A couple of new, to me, planes

I picked these up a while back and am way behind on posting pics of them since I've had too much other stuff going on. I came across them during a visit with my dad a couple of months ago and when I asked them about them he told me that they had belonged to his grand father who had used them to...
  20. farmerbw

Can a laser do this?

I've got a mail box shingle that I'd like to put our name on and am wondering what options are available other than painting and adhesive letters. Could a laser "etch" the letters into both sides of this piece of steel? Anyone in the Raleighwood area have a laser capable of doing it? What...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS