Cool new JessEm TS stock guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Got an email this morning advertising JessEm's new TS stock guide. It looks pretty cool and has some nice features. Not sure if I'll be rushing out to order one just yet though! :)

B

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I don't think they are actually available until August 11.

I have the JessEm Clear Cut Stock Guides for my router table and like them fine when used with a feather board while routing long stock.

That said, looking at the video for these new table saw guides I'm a little concerned about using them when ripping narrow stock (as in the video) because you have to use a push stick long and narrow enough to reach under the guide nearest the operator and push the board past the blade. Or push the board far enough to clear the closer guide and then reach over the guide with a push stick. Seems awkward and possibly a little dangerous.

I use Board Buddies with sheet goods and they work well enough that I don't see myself replacing them with the JessEm's. For narrower stock I use my Micro Jig GRR-Ripper and feather boards. That pretty much covers the bases.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
It seems to me that they are in the way as you push the stock past the blade. I noticed that the person in the video picked up a push stick, but the video conviently stopped before the awkward part. Looks good for ripping sheet goods, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS