Recent plaques for a wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Some may remember that I was asking about using Modge Podge or other alternatives for attaching card stock to wood for a plaque for a wedding present. After some feedback from a few users, some helpful pointers, a few youtube videos, and lots of blog reading I was off. I decided to go with the MP product that was supposed to be for furniture or items that would be handled a lot since it claimed to be harder. We only had one invitation so I needed to make sure I didn't screw it up so we made a smaller test plaque using the reception card for our daughter who was a flower girl in the wedding. All in all the project went well and the learning curve for the MP wasn't too steep even for me! :) Both plaques are Cypress with Purple Heart edging and have 6 coats of General Finishes wb poly on top of 3 top coats of MP.

Thanks to all who responded to my original post, especially Jeff for posting the plaque his wife made. :icon_thum

Here's the flower girl plaque.

VeronicaFlowerGirl_Nov_2016.jpg

and the wedding plaque.

GraceandMattWedding_Nov_2016.jpg

B.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well done, Brian. Those are definitely going to be around for a long time!

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Nicely done Brian, thanks for the update. I'm sure this will be a treasured gift.

I'm filing it away for future reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS