Corded Hammer drill or impact driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Anyone in the Raleighwood area have a corded hammer drill or impact driver I could borrow for weekend? I need to drive a 3/4"x8" lag bolt into a tree to support a tree house and even after predrilling the tree I don't think my cordless one is up to the task of something that big. I have a corded drill to predrill with, but pretty sure it won't touch driving that lag. I guess I could probably pick up a cheapo from Harbor Freight, but not sure I'd ever have a use for it again. I can always drive it in the old fashioned way, but interested in doing it the faster/easier way if possible.

B.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I have a hammer drill but do not have the attachment to drive in the lag. If you have the rest needed, I have the drill that you are welcome to use. The big problem is I am all the way up in Person County, but will be in Raleigh tomorrow for the lunch.
Frank

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Frank, yes I'm planning on going to the lunch tomorrow unless something happens at work. I think I have a big enough socket attachment to use. I appreciate the offer, but am hesitant to take you up on it since you're so far away. I don't want to have you be without it until I could get it back to you or hope you can make another lunch meeting.

Let's see if someone closer has one.

Thanks,
Brian.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a DeWalt Corded and Cordless (20V) Hammer Drill. I can bring them to Ale House if that would work out better than Frank's offer. Or go with his offer. Either way.

PM me if you want me to bring em.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I cannot make it to the lunch, but Fred is. So I will give him what you need - and no hurry to get them back as they are extras

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Phil, but I think I got this covered. But lets let Brian figure out which offer works best for him.

I'm bringing a corded hammer drill, a 20V cordless one and an air driven one that has the most torque of all of these tools.

This is what NCWW is all about - multiple choices to pay it forward. Thanks to all who volunteered to help solve a problem - we are very fortunate to have so many willing to help out others. I'm only a small part of that.

See some of you tomorrow at lunch.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Phil, thanks for the generous offer as well. To be honest I'm not sure what will work better so we'll figure that out tomorrow! :icon_thum

Frank, thanks for your offer as well, but I think I'll feel better not making you wait for your tool back, since you're further away, if I hit a snag or don't get to work on this project when I plan too. :thumbs_up

Ken is right, this is certainly a great bunch of folks willing to help out whenever and wherever they can and it's one of the main reasons we're here!! :eusa_clap:icon_cheers

B.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nope, no running around at all.... picked up what I needed from Ken after eating lunch with everyone. :icon_thum

I'm guessing it's going to be a little more than 5 minutes to get the hole bored and then the lag bolt installed while holding up a 8'x12' 2x10 frame. So the quicker the better.

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS