Search results

1. K

hardware storage?

Here is my Sketchup plan for this cabinet. The contour in the shelves ended up different than shown in the plan. I used the actual containers and followed the profile of the handles themselves.
  2. K

hardware storage?

Chris, I like the bins - especially when you consider the price. If you buy several of them, you can mix and match the various sized compartments across multiple bins to create the configuration you need. My only complaint is the big sticker they put on the clear lid as it obscures the contents...
  3. K

hardware storage?

I made a rolling cabinet for the Harbor Freight containers like Rob was describing. It holds 10 shallow containers and 6 deep containers.
  4. K

Trimming Trim

Maybe you've considered this already, but most refrigerators have adjustable feet. You may have enough adjustment to lower it by the 1/4" you need. I realize this is not a 'woodworking' solution but it may save having to modify the cabinet in any way.
  5. K

Not feeling the love for pocket screws

I've used pockets screws on 1.5" material plenty of times and the 2.5" screws protrude plenty more than the 1/4" you state. Are you sure you adjusted the collar on the drill bit to the 1.5" setting in addition to the drill guide itself?
  6. K

Best Glue and Wood Filler

A tip I have found useful for filling brad or pin nail holes is to shoot the nails through a small pieces of masking tape. Then fill the hole and remove the masking tape once dry. This ensures that the filler is only in the hole and not on the surrounding wood. I typically use a product called...
  7. K

Looking for spalted oak or sycamore

I'm looking for about 10bf of 4/4 or 5/4 spalted oak or sycamore. Any width between 3 and 8 inches. Anyone in the Raleigh area have some they are willing to sell?
  8. K

Looking for a 2'x2'x3/4" piece of QSWO Plywood

I have a piece 54" x 32" of 3/4 QSWO. I'm just south of Holly Springs. PM me if you are interested. Jeff
  9. K

Bed finish suggestions

...here is a picture of a walnut keepsake box I made with cherry accents.
  10. K

Bed finish suggestions

I also like maple with walnut, but if you are looking for less contrast, cherry also works well with walnut.
  11. K

Clamping Tool Guides

I have the Emerson brand. It is fine for quick rough breakdown of large sheets, but because it is not perfectly straight and can flex, I never use it for the final cut. BTW, for those who don't use jointers, I understand there are several other methods to achieve straight edges. But I'm curious...
  12. K

Inlay workshop with Matt Furjanic

I will echo the comments of others. It was a great learning experience in a great environment. Thanks Matt and Bill!
  13. K

Inlay workshop with Matt Furjanic

Please put me on the list. I'd like to attend if there is room.
  14. K

Roxul or fiberglass for soundproofing?

I used Roxul insulation in my recent shop build and I'm very pleased with the results. I does provide better sound absorbing and is also more moisture and fire resistant than pink fiberglass insulation. Lowes offers it online and will get it to your the local store of your choice. It is however...
  15. K

Need Software Program for Plywood

If you already use, or are willing to use Sketchup to define your model and/or components, there is a free plugin called CutList for this. https://code.google.com/p/cutlist/downloads/list
  16. K

Why don't they stay flat?

No, my primary concern is the appearance of the grain matching on the top surface. However, as I stated in my original post, this happens consistently with QS lumber also. But It occurred to me today that I omitted something from my stated glue-up process in my first post. I often wipe off the...
  17. K

Thanks for the feedback... I don't have a moisture meter, so I have no idea. :( Mostly Cherry and Walnut, but most recently some QS white oak. No, but it is well insulated and I have a mini-split unit running all the time. It keeps the humidity pretty constant around 40%. This was...
  18. K

Question for the experts... I have been making a variety of furniture items recently (coffee tables, end tables, TV stands, buffets, etc) and in most cases, I use a solid 3/4" wood glued-up top for these pieces. Immediately after glue-up they are dead-flat, but after some time (a few days to a...
  19. K

Shop Planning Tools

Fine Woodworking also has one... http://www.finewoodworking.com/workshop-planner
  20. K

Federal Style Desk for my grandson - finally done!

Now that is simply stunning!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS