hardware storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I use the Harbor Freight containers as well. The thing that I find that is nice for me is that I can pull out the entire container of whatever (wood screws for instance) and bring it to my project. This is particularly nice for me because quite often the project is in the house (100 yards away), or at my mothers house, or at the house of one of my kids, or at the house of one of my friends, or at the location of a charity project ....

One drawback - you need to remember what is in what container. I have gotten around this by adding a label to the front of each container.

Jeff,

I have a rolling cart, but it is the equivalent of a bakers cart and does not fit the bill nearly as well as your rolling cart. Would you be willing to share your plans?

Thanks,

Matt

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
'I also added the jar storage underneath. Jar lids are screwed to the underside of the small boards that slide into the 'T' shaped holders that are screwed to the underside of the cabinets.'

That reminds me of the storage solution my dad had when i was before I turned into the teens. He would scream the tops of baby food jars into a 4x4, and then mount the 4x4 from the floor joists above (basement workshop), so he could spin the device on the long axis around to find the screws/nails/nuts/whatever he was looking for.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
These work quite well
attachment.php
attachment.php
to get you started Mike. Both under 20$ at Harbor Frieght

Attachments

• image_19961.jpg
    image_19961.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 169