Search results

1. Z

Assembly Table W/*PICS*

All I can say after looking at those pictures is - NICE LEGS! And the assembly table looks great too! :eusa_clap
  2. Z

Gorilla Glue and Dogs

I always heard the rule: "Don't use glue on your dogs - It makes it difficult to get them out of the workbench!"
  3. Z

New Moderator - D L Ames

Alright, DL! Fayetteville reports for duty. :eusa_clap Z
  4. Z

Hi all

Welcome retired zoomie! Those doors do look great. "locate yourself on the map" means clicking on the "NC Woodworkers Members Map&amp" on the left side of the webpage. Check it out - it's really neat. With your zip code, the map will stick a pointer to show where you're located. ZMan - (...
  5. Z

Greetings to all

Here's to us - Happy New Year everyone! Z
  6. Z

Mantle Clock completed

Not only a good WW, but a good photographer as well. Nice clock - great photos. Z
  7. Z

Walnut Tool Box

That's a great box and a wonderful gift. And you only made one? :eusa_clap
  8. Z

New shop tool

What tool? I was too busy looking at that picture.
  9. Z

any good box plans around?

Go to a bookstore (Barnes & Nobles) and look at the book called "400 Wood Boxes." No plans, but if that book doesn't inspire you to be creative, I will eat my wooden box. Then buy the book to keep near the shop. Z
  10. Z

I.d.i.o.t

If I stick around here long enough, I will learn it all. That was neat and makes perfect sense. Z
  11. Z

new member--looking forward to "meeting" you all

Welcome John - it took you long enough to get to NC - never fear, it will be worth it. Pictures - Pictures - Pictures! Z
  12. Z

How much sanding.

Or a couple of passes with your hand scraper should remove the saw marks and burn marks. For me, that would be easier than sanding, especially if you're going to paint. IMO Z
  13. Z

Woodworking in Fayetteville

Well Terry, even though my profile says High Point (new job), I have yet to move. I still have my house in Fayetteville where I come back to on the weekends. Sadly, not much time for the shop these days - plus it's just too darned cold. But I wanted you to know there's another Fayetteville...
  14. Z

First thru dovetails

Excellent - especially for the first run out of the setup. That's going to come in very handy. I had heard that was a good jig. this is the first report I trust to be true. Thanks. Its now on my wish list for sure. Come-onnnnn Santa Claus!!!! I've been good, I reallly reallllly have.....
  15. Z

New to the site

Oooooh, you do good work. You're going to be a real asset around here. I'll call for advice when I start working on my house next year. Z
  16. Z

How to plane/smooth squirrely wood

Here's to Plan A! Z
  17. Z

How to plane/smooth squirrely wood

If it were me, I would go the scraper route. It might wear out your arms and thumbs, but it would beat getting snipe from the planer and a dull grain from a wide-belt sander. The wetted wood through the planer just might work. Worth a try, but keep the edge on that scraper ready. Good luck. Z
  18. Z

Freud Company Rep

Welcome Charles, from just down the street in High Point!!!! Glad you're here - your presence will be very valuable. I'll send you a PM in a second.
  19. Z

Taking the plung............

Live the dream - and don't forget us little people when you become a world famous sawdust maker.
  20. Z

I'll jump in the pool -

I have a gallery - and the pictures are proof! It happened. :eusa_danc

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS