I.d.i.o.t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
From the looks of things on the board, Santa has/will be delivering a lot of dovetail jigs this year. And for no particular reason, I was reminded of one of my first lessons from my trim man in 1965, when I started building. Back then, built-in-place cabinets were the hallmark of custom home building and good trim carpenters were available.
This acronym has to do with how you lay out the drawers. I'm curious as to how many of you folks know this one.

Joe

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I've been referred to as an idiot before. I'm glad to know that they were referring to drawers, I thought they were insulting me.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
The prize of course, will be better fitting drawers. Plumbers, please note.

We all reach a time in life when such things take on an importance hitherto, casually noticed.

Joe

Monty

New User
Monty
bladeburner said:
The prize of course, will be better fitting drawers.
Now that you mention it, I could use some drawers that fit better... :eusa_thin I thought this had something to do with woodworking, though!!!

;-) :lol:

P

PrplHrtJarHead

Even After Googling "acronym I.d.i.o.t." This Newbie Remains Clueless.:?:8-o:?::-?:?::-:)?:

P

PrplHrtJarHead

Charles M said:
I know what an I.D.10T computer error is. Do I win?:eusa_pray

In the Corps, we used to keep the ID 10 T's right next to the Grid Squares and 100 meter spools of Flight Line in the same shed as the BA 1100 N with string attachment (balloon with a string). :-D:icon_thum

I know this because I had to go try and find them several times as young Leatherneck. D'oh:BangHead: D'oh :BangHead: D'oh :BangHead: D'oh :BangHead: D'oh :BangHead: D'oh:BangHead:

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Were the left handed monkey wrenches out there also???:lol: I got a few good giggles after Googling for IDIOT too. It seems there are many stupid people in this world. Dave:)

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
For the first 2 letters I'm guessing inside or interior dimension or something like that. Totally guessing. :lol:

Charles M

New User
Charles
Jonz said:
For the first 2 letters I'm guessing inside or interior dimension or something like that. Totally guessing. :lol:

Sounds viable to me. How about Inside Dimension Is One Third?

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Well that was fun......It stands for:

(I)nside of (D)rawer (I)s (O)utside of (T)ree !

Any cupping that might occur will be restrained by the 4 corners and not stick to your face frame.

Joe
DovetailIDIOT.jpg

TominZebulon

New User
Tom Meehan
That makes sense. I never would have thought of that on my own. And my wife cannot understand why I spend time on these forums.

ZMan

New User
Bob
If I stick around here long enough, I will learn it all. That was neat and makes perfect sense.

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS