Hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I am a transplant from calif. wife is from japan.
Retaired from the USAF here in 1980, this year I finally retaired all the way
was head tech/manager in a large electronics shop.
After retairing my wife wanted me to redo the kitchen,when I got to the cabinets
I planed to resurface them and put new doors and drawer fronts on them.
When my wife found out how much new doors cost I told her I could make some.
Well I had been to busy to do much wood working for many years and only have a cheap table saw and a cheap router, and hand tools, but i built 2 doors to see how she would like them, couldnt afford rail and stile bits for the router so i used miter joints ( put 2 dowels in each one to help me keep them aligned during glue up) did get a vertical raised panel bit, because its a vertical bit I put togather a horazontal router table (ugly but it works).
My wife liked them so much she got me a BT3100 for xmas:-D
Sorry for the long post, and the spelling.
heres a picture
i think it attched?

Attachments

• S_DSC00940.JPG
    S_DSC00940.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 190

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Nice looking doors! No wonder your wife rewarded you. You're lucky, she already realizes that more tools = more nice stuff! (That's one of my excuses)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Welcome to the site. Your doors look great and I hope you enjoy using that new BT3100 while making the rest of them. Be sure and post more pictures as you progress along. I would be interested in seeing the horizontal router table you put together.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, your doors look great, and you obviously have some talent to put those together with a meager collection of tools. I have made many doors but haven't ventured into the world of raised panel, so I am impressed by all that have. I look forward to your input in the forums. Post more pics and locate yourself on the map. I hope to see you around a bunch. Dave

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site! Glad you found us. Those doors look really good. How many more do you need to make?

ZMan

New User
Bob
Welcome retired zoomie! Those doors do look great. "locate yourself on the map" means clicking on the "NC Woodworkers Members Map&amp" on the left side of the webpage. Check it out - it's really neat. With your zip code, the map will stick a pointer to show where you're located. ZMan - ( former zoomie too)

Last edited:

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site! Your doors look great, especially considering what tools you had at the time. Congrats on the new toy, uhm tool!

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
Great job on the doors.:icon_thum I used to live in Pikeville many moons ago. Is the Pikeville Horse Sale still in existance?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Earl!

Like the cabinets and don't worry about the spelling--you posted a pic on your first thread so you get an A plus for that :mrgreen:

Now we want more, especially like to see your horizontal router top. Ugly would be an improvement in my shop :lol:

Sapwood

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome to the group. Your doors look great and I'm sure there will be many more nice projects to come off that new TS. I can relate to your project, I'm neck deep in completely re-doing ours. I've just completed the drawers and getting ready to move on to the raised panel doors. Lot's of fun and lots of dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS