So, what is your next big tool purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
The guys over on Wnet started a post and I figured it would be fun for us as well.

So, what are you buying next year? We know Steve C is getting a lathe. :)

Me, I will probably get a a byrd head for my planer, but that will be it. My shop is full. :D

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Probably a 15" Yorkcraft planer and maybe put the money I save by going with the Yorkcraft towards a drum sander. That will just about max me out on the big tools then.

D L

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Performax drum sander in theory but I flat out do not have the room. I can't even pretend that I do. uh uh, nope, just looked again to be sure. Nope. No room.

Regardless, if I dropped that kind of cash on another power tool right now it had damned well better come with cable, a fold out cot and mini fridge if you know what I mean.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
If it's a good year, my list includes a lathe an upgrade to a cabinet saw and an 8" jointer.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Router table, although I will make it but I still have to purchase the materials and other stuff. Dave:)

windknot

Scott
Senior User
I really want to replace the Delta Contractor's saw with a cabinet saw. I have found a 3hp Grizzly/220 volt in the $400.00 range, but a little shy to pull the trigger. What can I get for my old Delta?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well, if Santa heeded all the hints (including a 10% store coupon!) I'm hoping for LN adjustable throat bench plane. Ooh! this is the power tool forum. :oops:

Otherwise I absolutely, positively must have a jointer. Ooh no! I don't have anywhere to put it--what are we gonna do Jonz????

Spatially challenged,
Sapwood

woodguy1975

New User
John
I always have a list a mile long of things I want, but this year I don't. It is a very strange feeling. Maybe I'm terminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sapwood may be able to perform that autopsy afterall. :bconfused

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
windknot said:
I really want to replace the Delta Contractor's saw with a cabinet saw. I have found a 3hp Grizzly/220 volt in the $400.00 range, but a little shy to pull the trigger. What can I get for my old Delta?

If the Griz has a good fence that sounds like a real deal. As for pulling the trigger--at Parris Island they taught us BRASS (Breathe, relax, aim, slowly, squeeze).

Good luck,
Sapwood

gator

George
Corporate Member
sapwood said:
As for pulling the trigger--at Parris Island they taught us BRASS (Breathe, relax, aim, slowly, squeeze).

Good luck,
Sapwood

The Army (at least in the '50s) taught us: Breathe, Relax, Aim, Slack (take the slack out of the trigger), Squeeze.

George

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
sapwood said:
Well, if Santa heeded all the hints (including a 10% store coupon!)Otherwise I absolutely, positively must have a jointer. Ooh no! I don't have anywhere to put it--what are we gonna do Jonz????

Well *MY* suggestion was a standalone shop, but so far it has fallen on deaf ears. Very deaf.

M

McRabbet

I'm still holding my breath to open that new Milwaukee 3-1/2 HP VS Router for Christmas, but my first new toy 'er tool in '06 will be a good 12" CMS. Then maybe I'll jump on the band wagon and dream up :new_sleep a nice midi lathe with all the trimmings and turning tools "... as visions of sugarplums dance in their heads..."

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I thought that with my recent history of woodworkers elbow and a bum shoulder that I could convince the family to buy me a PC compressor, w/ finish, brad nailers. (Don't say anything, but I prefer glue and screws but they don't need to kniw that. Besides a compressor has a lot of other uses.

Wayne

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Jonz said:
Well *MY* suggestion was a standalone shop, but so far it has fallen on deaf ears. Very deaf.

Jonz, you need to track more sawdust into the house and get a few more really noisy tools.

D L

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Well, since I just purchased a Yorkie 15" planer, does that mean I can't wish? OWTH, I would like to have a 8" jointer, a 18" BS, and lots and lots of surprises. :grin: :grin:

Mike

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
D L Ames said:
Jonz, you need to track more sawdust into the house and get a few more really noisy tools.

Dude, you nailed it and I am SO all over that.

To make it even better, the sofa she always sits on shares a wall with the garage, with the door right beside her. My little lunchbox planer screams like a banshee! I turn it off sometimes and when it dies down I hear the tv at like AC/DC concert volume. The dog helps track dust too and as a bonus brings in the occasional slobbery wood block.

Seriously though, small as it is, I can't complain. She parks in the drive rain or shine and hardly never says a word. She's a good one for putting up with me all these years.

cskipper

Cathy
No surprise here - a new scroll saw - preferably a Hawk. If we continue to live in two places I would also like a sanding combination unit and a drill press for Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors