I got my first "real" handplane.
web556.jpg

And some cash that can be applied to booze or tools :lol:

Ho Ho Ho,
Sapwood

DavidF

New User
David
Nice one SW! Now, you remember everything I taught you about flattening the sole? - well you won't need to!! Lucky Sod

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Nice plane Sapwood, you HAVE undoubtedly been good! You're gonna love that plane, it's probably the best low angle block plane.:icon_thum
My Best
Randy O

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
DavidF said:
Nothing woody, but a great contemporary design cocktail shaker!! anyone for a Martini?
Yes please, Kettle One, just wave the cap from the vermouth over the shaker, that should be plenty dry.:drunken_s

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Hughes here, I was fooled this year. I thought I was getting a vac for the shop and a 10 inch blade for the radial arm saw. The plan for a 6 inch jointer was to be put off until later in the spring. You guessed it. No blade but did get the jointer. Hubbie and I put it together and had a friend come in a tweek it for us today. Purrs like a kitten. Got walnut in the shop just waiting for the blades to pass by them. Question now is what to make next.
Husband loved his display case for his knives, son loved his display case for his matchbox car, daughter loved her lingerie chest and yes the grandaughters would have rather had toys instead of miniture blanket chest but what the heck they are only kids and the oldest one will really appreciate the walnut chest in the years to come. I smiled with pride when my daughter requested a hope chest when she gets married. I am waiting.:-D
Big Mike, that is some gr:-D eat looking wood. Look forward to seeing the boxes. Lorraine

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
I think I racked up pretty well this year. Santa brought a Dremel XPR400, a new jog saw and a Delta dust collector. Along with some other small items :-o

T

toolferone

I'm thinking that Santa must be a woodworker!
1. 8" slow speed grinder
2. Starrett 12" combination square
3. Vertias bench dogs
4. diamond paste blade honing kit
5. both sizes Microplanes for the drill press
6. 8 double lock castors
7. countersink set
8. pair Jet corner clamps
9. nice heavy duty ball bearing lathe tail stock center
10. machinist protractor set
11. 115 piece twist drill bit set

Also, a couple Henkel knives,and a family gift of a 10" portable DVD player

I am a happy camper!!!!

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
Santa brought me a 3 in 1 woodplaner from Hawk. Yippee! Soon as my new shop is complete I'm gonna sling some serious sawdust! LOL

cskipper

Cathy
I don't know how to break this to you, but merely by association, you have been exposed to the WG disease. Your shop will never be "complete". You may have all the tools you want - but a different or bigger-newer-better something will always be calling your name.:lol: Seriously, congrats on your new toy!

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
Oh don't I know it. What I meant was... it is in the building process.... I'm building a bigger shop next to my tiny little room that is now my current hideout...which is so cramed full of everything that you trip, bang, slam, etc. just to get to my scroll saw....but soon will have more room for more Toys!

cskipper

Cathy
Excellent! We did a major clean-up and rearrangement of our shop and have much more room. We still want to add to the overall width of the shop, but for now we can at least move around more easily than before.

brenthenze

New User
Brent Henze
I got a couple more Bessey clamps (that sale really was popular!), a laser level, a set of 25mm jaws for my midi-lathe chuck, and Jewitt's *Great Wood Finishes.*

HardRock

New User
Gil
Santa's running a little late around these parts..........G0586 due in Feb, but best of all, I got the two little green stickers from the county inspector on the elec and plumb rough in inspections yesterday! Who wants to learn sheetrock taping and mudding with me?

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
HardRock said:
Who wants to learn sheetrock taping and mudding with me?

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.......heck I got the whole track suit!:lol:

Congrates on your inspection results.

D L

Richgod

New User
Richard
This was a good Christmas for all. My sister is a potter and made me a VERY large platter for serving the turkeys and hams I like to cook in the smoker.

Got a Bench Dog Contractor Router Table and a 6" jointer (early), a large collection of Olson Scroll Saw bladesand loads of clamps. Quick clamps and spring clamps.

I made my wife a bubinga jelwery box with dragonfly inlays. Did my first flocking on it. Flocking wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but takes several days to cure and smells like road tar when its is fresh! Gets the bugs out of the shop!! Photo is attached (I hope) Sory for the slight fuzzies, it is cropped from a larger image. I HAD to include the T-shirt she is wearing. I had them made for everyone at her workplace as a 'surprise' for her 40th birthday... She was definitely surprised when she went in to work that morning and everyone (including the VP was wearing one!
box.jpg

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Nice work, I'm especially impressed that you survived the birthday prank and still have limbs to woodwork with. :lol:

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Like I said before the boss (wife) got me a bt3100 TS.
I aligned it up using a dail indicator and made some cuts.
The cuts are smooth just like glass I am going to enjoy using it:-D:eusa_clap:eusa_danc.
also got some gift cards for computer stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS