What did Santa bring ya'll??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Wow! Sounds like everyone was blessed with a great Christmas all 'round!
Santa brough me a Incra V27 miter gauge and a Douglas framing hammer. Hopefully I'll be putting the hammer to good use building a 30x40 garage after we buy a house (hopefully very soon...). I called builder's discount in Wendell and found out that their garage package w/ vinyl siding, a single double hung window and a single 9x7 garage door (a joke, I know) is only $6100. Of course this doesn't include any utilities or a pad...but I'm still hopeful...

male_man

New User
Reg
I am a little late to the fourm but i got this although it looks like a tree frog at the moment it will get a new coat of Oliver blue this summer wen i can get it apart :-D

Attachments

• myrtel wood tbl top 081.jpg
    myrtel wood tbl top 081.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 206
  • myrtel wood tbl top 082.jpg
    myrtel wood tbl top 082.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 193

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Nice, that really looks like a hoss! Bet it weighs a ton. It will surely step-up to any task. How many horsepower?

male_man

New User
Reg
yes Ozzie it is a nice saw. It is an Oliver 232-D it tips the s ales at a little over 900 lbs. It's powered by a Leeson 3 hp 3 phase direct drive motor. This one came from a aircraft plant and had been stored since 1985.

male_man

New User
Reg
smiling......i thought i had been a very good boy this past year......i hadn't shot one singel person....well anyone that count's anyway :lol:

Richgod

New User
Richard
D L Ames said:
Richard, great job on the box.:icon_thum It's hard to tell from the photo but I would like to know how you did your dragonfly inlays.

D L

I back up the lid of the box with a piece of contrasting color. Taped them together. Drilled a small access hole through both pieces for my scroll blade. Set my table at 3 1/2 degrees (this takes some test cutting to get the angle exactly right) and cut out both pieces at the same time. The bottom piece (the dragon fly) slips into the cutout in the upper piece, hopefully fitting flush. If it isn't a flush fit, re-set the saw table angle and try again! I record the angle settings for each size saw blade, with the thickness of the wood used. This record keeps me from wasting too much wood. I also have a 'test block' with cutouts at different angles. Some of these are recessed, some stand proud of the base piece. Lets me know how to set the table for the effect I want.

Then I put a little glue around the edges, press them in place...sand and finish as normal.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Richgod said:
I back up the lid of the box with a piece of contrasting color. Taped them together. Drilled a small access hole through both pieces for my scroll blade. Set my table at 3 1/2 degrees (this takes some test cutting to get the angle exactly right) and cut out both pieces at the same time. The bottom piece (the dragon fly) slips into the cutout in the upper piece, hopefully fitting flush. If it isn't a flush fit, re-set the saw table angle and try again! I record the angle settings for each size saw blade, with the thickness of the wood used. This record keeps me from wasting too much wood. I also have a 'test block' with cutouts at different angles. Some of these are recessed, some stand proud of the base piece. Lets me know how to set the table for the effect I want.

Then I put a little glue around the edges, press them in place...sand and finish as normal.

Thanks Richard, I have used that technique before myself and it worked great. Great tips on how to save both time and wood by recording your set-ups and keeping test blocks.

D L

Jay

New User
Jay
Finally got my Christmas gifts in and got a chance to get proof that I got 'em. First though a thank you to all the inforamtion everyone provided in the thread on hand planes. I was able to use it to do a little research and get in touch with Rarebear from woodnet to purchase my new old planes. They are type 15 sweethearts. #'s 9 1/2, 4, 5, and 8. My best tool gloat yet.

IMG_0107.JPG

There are more pictures in my gallery under Merry Christmas. And in case anyone is interested I would definitely recommend Rarebear. The pictures do not do his work justice. He also goes out of his way to package them for transit so they do not get damaged.

Jay

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang, those are beautiful. I've heard that Rarebear does exceptional work, but there is proof right there. Looks like you got a great starter set:lol: Slope to the left, going down???:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS