Slab coffee table just finished..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
The dimensions are 44" wide and 48" long and placed on a forged wrought iron base. The slab is attached on a center point and various floating metal attachments which allow the top to "float" the finish is a satin lacquer..

The wood has SUPER fiddleback.

I will be taking this to the BEET Gallery on North Davidson this week.

Attachments

• DSCF0048.JPG
    DSCF0048.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCF0049.JPG
    DSCF0049.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF0050.JPG
    DSCF0050.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0051.JPG
    DSCF0051.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 181

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Kyle, that is just about as pretty as it gets. I love the top but I have to say that piece of wood is deserving of a wooden base that is as beautiful as the top. The top I would mount on the wall alone it is so beautimus!:icon_thum :icon_thum

dozer

Mike
Man I could get a lot of pen blanks out of that slab :rolf: Some nice jewelry boxes too.....

Beautiful is the only word that comes to mind. Great job Kyle :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Gorgeous Kyle. I too like the wrought iron base, as it doesn't draw any attention away from the pure, almost unaltered, beauty of a sweet slice o' tree.
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Just one word for that, Kyle....WOW!!!

Incredible piece. I like the base too. It just serves up the beautiful top.

Chuck

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
Nice going Kyle. :icon_thum
Should be easy to keep that thing from getting cluttered up like my coffee table. Who would want to even put anything on it in the first place? :)

M

McRabbet

Drop Dead Gorgeous! I'm sure you'll get all you're asking for it!

Rob

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
thanks for the feedback.. The thickness of the slab started out at 2.25" and finished out at 1.5" with the edges beveled to 5/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors