Shop Crawl March 2008 a wonderful success

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I want to thank all the crawlers and shop hosts for such a wonderful day. We saw 8 wonderful shops (well 7 plus mine). We had a wonderful lunch, great conversations, and made many new friends. I not sure the final count but we were near 30. We had members from VA, Charolette, and Down East and everywhere in between. Will has many pictures he will soon be posting.

I want to extand a personal thanks to Doug Robinson. The crawl was his baby from start to finish. Everything was perfect. Even the weather held off. Doug:

THANK YOU!!!

PS Doug even rec'd an award for his efforts.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I want to add my thanks to Doug for arranging a great day. Also, thanks to all the shop owners. It was great meeting members and putting faces with names. Now, when do we try a Fayetteville crawl?

nelsone

New User
Ed
worthless_without_pics.gif

Glad you guys had fun! Wish I could have joined in!

Touchwood

New User
Don
I want to thank all the crawlers and shop hosts for such a wonderful day. We saw 8 wonderful shops (well 7 plus mine). We had a wonderful lunch, great conversations, and made many new friends. I not sure the final count but we were near 30. We had members from VA, Charolette, and Down East and everywhere in between. Will has many pictures he will soon be posting.

I want to extand a personal thanks to Doug Robinson. The crawl was his baby from start to finish. Everything was perfect. Even the weather held off. Doug:

THANK YOU!!!

PS Doug even rec'd an award for his efforts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott,

I'll sure second that. The gang arrived at my place around 2:30 and stayed for over an hour...a bunch of really great guys and gals. Lots of good ideas and thoughts exchanged. Any of them are welcome back anytime.

Doug did a great job of orchestrating this whole adventure. I'm thinking this is the start of a tradition.:icon_thum

Don

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
i counted 23 at one time, love your work wish I had the time to make a chair like that.

dick

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Personally I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday. it was great, Doug you put on a good show and earned that reward,
Rita

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Everyones shop had some idea that I came away with. The day was fantastic, even if I did head toward Sanford:BangHead: on my way toward Dick and Ritas shop. I hope I get to see y'all at the picnic in May, if not before.....I think I may be hearing the Flying saucer calling me again.:eek:ccasion1

Jimmy:)

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Must have been great, wish I could have been there:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
But you know the rules
No pictures?
Must not have happened

Glennbear

Glenn
I totally agree with previous posters, it was an awesome day, great camradarie, great ideas there for the taking. Thanks to Doug for doing the logistics , the shop owners for hosting, and those who volunteered to drive car pools saving some mileage for those of us who had a travel a distance.:eusa_clap

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Great photos Jeremy, it was cool meeting you. Now if only our "offical photographer" Will posts his pictures:roll: we'll be all set:lol:.

Jimmy

toolman

New User
Chad
It was a great day! Doug YOU ROCK for setting this up. :wwink: And for the shop host, well you all are the BEST. Thank You!! :notworthy:

As I posted on the other crawl post: This is the best woodworking site on the web!!

IT’s THE PEOPLE that makes this site! :notworthy:

Thank You Steve!!! :icon_chee

T

toolferone

Jeremy, thank for the pics. I know more will be posting soon. I think something is wrong with your camera, every picture of the back of my head has a big spot where It removed my hair!

I really had a great time yesterday!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I put some pictures of the first two shops in the Gallery. Unfortunately, I left my camera at my own shop, but fortunately Will, Tom and Jeremy took lots of pictures as well. Doug did a terrific job organizing the tour, planning the route in great details, providing name tags etc.

What I found interesting was that by the end of the day, I was pretty familiar with everyone's name, and had to think "Oh yeah, George, that's Gator on NCWW", instead of the other way around. Of course, I'll probably forget all that within a day or two, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts :)

It's pretty unique for a bunch of virtual people to come together like this, in such great numbers. I had an absolute blast!!!

gator

George
Corporate Member
Jeremy, thank for the pics. I know more will be posting soon. I think something is wrong with your camera, every picture of the back of my head has a big spot where It removed my hair!

I really had a great time yesterday!

Thats why I wore a hat.:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

George

lottathought

New User
Michael
I had a great time yesterday. It is really nice putting a face with the names.
Many thanks to all the host.
Also a round of applause to Doug who did an outstanding job setting this up.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Course anybody who can fit a shop in a closet must be good at organizing. :gar-Bi

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Ok it took me longer to get the pics posted than it did for us to get to Dick's shop! - Sorry Jimmy :wtongue:

Anyway I am not going to do my regular thumbnail presentation with running commentary because that would take the rest of the night and I really want to get in (what my wife thinks is a garage) the shop and get my hands on some wood. So....for all you picture hungry fans out there:
(I've sorted the pics in the gallery so that they are in chronological order).

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1155

You may notice that lunch is missing....no calories. Also, Bas presented an award to Doug (as seen in other posts) at lunch. Since I didn't take any pics at lunch, I had Doug and Bas recreate the event in Toolferone's shop.

We had a great time and I enjoyed meeting even more of you. Thanks for the hosts who opened up their shops and endured the "Thanks for the door prize" jokes. And thanks again to Doug for organizing it. Some of you crawlers escaped from the camera (left before the group photo), but don't fret, I'll get you eventually.

Will

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Great pics Will, I knew you'd come through.We probably would have gotten to Dicks shop on time if my crack group of navigators had navigated:lol:. But anyway, that last photo of you sure doesn't show how much it was raining does it ?

It was a great day.

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS