1. richlife

Fine Woodworking 2008

Taken: I didn't think it would take long here. Rich Offering a copy of the DVD 1975-2008 Fine Woodworking Archive Collection to someone who wants to come get it. There is a minor bug which led to my receiving a complete replacment and update, so this is an extra original disk. For MS Windows...
  2. ScottM

My lastest 2008 Christmas gloat

One of my Christmas gifts was a $50 HD gift card. This is what I used it on. After all the good press on this VS ROS I had to try it. I will let you know.
  3. WoodWrangler

Looking for American Woodworker #137 (Sept 2008)

Anyone in the Charlotte area subscribe to American Woodworker and happen to have issue #137 that I could borrow (or get a copy of a plan in it)? If so, I'd appreciate it. Give me a buzz.
  4. Makinsawdust

PLEASE READ - CPSIA Act of 2008 affects ww'er's

I just learned of the CPSIA Act of 2008 via an e-mail from Craftlister.com this morning. It seems that a law will take effect on Feb 10 that concerns any one making and selling items for children 12 and under. This law is a result of the lead in toys from China thing about a year ago. Makers...
  5. WNCWA Toys 2008

WNCWA Toys 2008

One of the 45 Boy's Wagons we made -- box is 20 inches long by 10-1/2'' wide and the wheels are 4'' in diameter.
  6. WNCWA Toys 2008

WNCWA Toys 2008

Mitch Trager made ten of these cute Doll School Desks.
  7. WNCWA Toys 2008

WNCWA Toys 2008

One of eleven animated "Hound on the Hunt" toys I made from Cherry and Maple with Oak and Walnut dowels. I used Mineral Oil for the finish.
  8. WNCWA Toys 2008

WNCWA Toys 2008

WNCWA members Tim Merrill, Walt Tolley and me stand in front of nearly 200 toys after we delivered them to Hearts with Hands, an Asheville charity. he same evening was a special Christmas Dinner Party for a big group of needy kids whoe were going to be surprised with gifts from the charity.
  9. WNCWA Toys 2008

WNCWA Toys 2008

Half of the wagons we hade at Tim's shop in the back of my truck as TMerrill (Tim Merrill) -- I think he's happy to see us finished!
  10. WNCWA Toys 2008 - Boy's Wagon

WNCWA Toys 2008 - Boy's Wagon

A team of six of us worked over four full days to assemble 45 of these nice wagons for the boys...
  11. WNCWA Toys 2008 - Doll Cradle

WNCWA Toys 2008 - Doll Cradle

The prototype Doll Cradle designed by Tim Merrill -- Tim made all of the parts for 100 cradles for a sister woodworking club in Hendersonville and then made another 60 for our club.
  12. Hook

Chess Board 2008

I have three more in process but one of the local retailers wanted one by tomorrow, so here it is:
  13. Bas

Impressions of the Shop Crawl 2008 - Southside

The Southside crawl was a TON of fun. Lots of good shops to see, lots of fellow woodworkers to talk shop. Once again, we saw every kind of shop: Garage, basement, industrial, craftsman, large, small - and everyone with something unique. Many, many thanks to the hosts, especially Scott Smith for...
  14. Canuck

Got a Start on Xmas 2008 Gifts

Bought me some maple, cherry and walnut and decided on putting together some more endgrain cutting boards for this years Christmas gifts. They are fun to make, but by golly you have to really like sanding!!!:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::BangHead::BangHead: (And make sure that you have a good supply...
  15. IWF - 25

IWF - 25

Mark Spagnolo (The Wood Whisperer) gave a thorough demonstration of the new Kapex sliding compound miter saw by Festool. What a nice guy and a great tool! His wife was there, too and she was doing a Live Pod-cast to their website while I was there (I'll need to check it out for re-runs!)
  16. IWF - 24

IWF - 24

The beautiful spoked wheels of the Splinter
  17. IWF - 23

IWF - 23

The Splinter's passenger seat -- caned backs, no less!
  18. IWF - 22

IWF - 22

The Splinter coming at you
  19. IWF - 21

IWF - 21

The Splinter cockpi
  20. IWF - 20

IWF - 20

The now famous Splinter was on display in Hall A. A truly amazing project.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS