New Member, First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Hello All,

This is my first posting to the group, but I have been lurking around for a couple of weeks now. I had recently taken a rocking chair making class from John Richards in Hickory and found out about the group through him. I live in Myrtle Beach and being in the restaurant business, I work nights so I have the days to make saw dust. I am posting a couple pictures of the beginnings of my chair that resulted from John's class.

Dino DrosasView attachment 2238

View attachment 2239

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Dino, welcome to the gang! Great progress on the chair. There are members who haven't gotten much further, and took his class last year! but I won't mention [STRIKE]Monty's[/STRIKE] ooops, his name.:rolf: :rolf:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dino, your chair is looking great. I am glad that you got your posting probs. worked out, and decided to come out of the shadows. Welcome to the group, and don't be a stranger no more :-D :-D :icon_thum

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Is that your shop with a Felder in the background 8-O 8-O 8-O SWEET!!!
AND the hardwood flooring :0
Dave:)

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I just finished putting the flooring down in my garage/shop. That is why the work on the chair has not progressed since I left John's. Floor is 1/2 maple laminate with foam rubber backing, floating over plastic vapor barrier on concrete floor. Best money I've spent in the shop in a long while. Not only great look but great on the feet. Now I feel I am in a room in the house. Makes you want to go out there.

Dino

dozer

Mike
Welcome to the site, Greatlooking chair and shop. Please post some pics of the chair when it is finished I would like to see how it turns out.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Dude, that flooring really transformed your space. I remeber seeing the pics without.

Dino is a great guy! He has some really really really nice toys in the shop of his. Lots of tools out of my price range. :) That Felder combo machine rocks!

John

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome to the site, Dino. Happy to have you join us. You'll find a great group of folks here that love to help and look at pictures:eusa_danc. Wow what a nice shop and chair great work :icon_thum :icon_thum Enjoy the site :icon_thum

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Dino! Your garage/shop floor looks great and so does the rocking chair!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Dino!
The rocker rocks :icon_thum
But I confess my eyes caught the Felder first ;-)

Looking forward to rocker progress,
Roger

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Ok, you did a great job on the floor and I know it takes time to learn to operate on this website, but you're getting behind. Even Dave has shapped some on his occasional after building a Windsor and finishing it.

Seriously, welcome and I look forward to getting back together sometime soon.

Oh, and I am jealous of a clean shop.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
NICE!!! :eusa_danc

Welcome to the group!! I like the chair, but the shop makes me have SHOP ENVY!!!:-D I'm anxious to see more pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS