Latest commission piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Mike, that is truly a graceful piece of art. The smooth curves and finish make me want to touch it. And I know you're getting better every day :mrgreen:

Roger

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
That is a gorgeous table. A true artisan! I can only hope to turn out a piece 1/4 as nice as that. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I want to thank all of you for your kind words. The most enjoyable part of creating something is the response you get from people who see it.

I delivered it yesterday and might I say, the client was also very pleased. Seeing it paired with the corner cupboard, it just looked like it belonged there.

When I first installed the corner cupboard, I thought it might be a little low so now I have to go back in a couple weeks to raise it a bit so she can sit something on the table.

Once again, Thanks

MIke

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Thanks for sharing that Mike! That's a beautiful piece.
I too want to know what kind of finish you used.
Hats off -that's something to be proud of! :eusa_clap

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
Beautiful work, Mike. I know how hard it is to get four legs so graceful and so identical. Just stunning
Roger

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
mike,
You are truely a master, I love the pinched corners, the whole design, the tinish looks great on the web so I can only imagine what it looks like in person. Great job friend, you are truely a blessing to your customers.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
In answer to a few questions,

Q. Did you grain fill
A. No

I haven't had much luck using a grain filler but haven't given up hope. I would like to try the ole plaster of Paris trick but haven't as yet. What are you guys using for grain filler?

Q. What type of finish did you use
A. I sprayed three coats of vinyl sealer, sanding between coats with 220 grit paper, then three coats of pre-cat lacquer sanding between 1 & 2 with 220 grit paper on the top and #0000 steel wool on the bottom. The reason I used the steel wool on the bottom / legs is because it conforms to the curves better and I don't risk a sand thru on an edge. Might just be a quirk of mine though. I was going to try out my HVLP on this one but chickened out. :lol: I didn't want to have a do over since I am inexperience with that gun.

Mike

dave_the_woodworker

New User
Update your profile with your name
Mike,

Very nice! I just completed a lowboy and used pinched corners on the top as well. They're not nearly as easy as they look. The fact that you can get them to work out on the corners with rule joints is impressive. I'll bet that took some time to figure out!

Dave

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Mike,

That turned out great!! I don't know what else to say. :icon_thum:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS