HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY NCWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ten years ago today Steve Coles launched what he hoped would be the best woodworking site on the internet. Great job Steve.:icon_cheers

Over the years we have had over 8200 members and we are quickly approaching half a million post.

We have never been stronger, just last month we had over 1800 members and guest on at the same time - that is a new record !!

Many, many folks have contributed over the years, I cannot begin to remember all, some have passed and other have moved on.

I would like to thank and honor all that helped us reach this milestone.

Lets start an honor role of all those those that have helped get us here

Please reply on this thread and I will pull a list together

And tonight afterwork I will raise a pint to honor all :eek:ccasion1

toolman

Administrator
Chad
Happy Birthday NCWW!!!!!!!:new_birth

All the Staff, as well as all Board Members Present and Pass!!

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan

Barbara was our 326th registration, after Steve's, and joined this site just a few month's after its initial launch in 2005. She had been an integral part of this site for nearly its entire 10 year existence and for a number of years an active member of our Board.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
There are 100's. Everyone who served in a Staff/Admin position, BOD members, Moderators, everyone who opened their shop for tours and workshops, anyone who was part of the pony express, our sponsors,..... The list goes on and on.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I'm not claiming any kudos but I believe I was the first one to sign up after Steve launched the site. This site has been a source of information and pleasure over h years.

George

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
It has been a fun ride -- I'm also an old-timer and joined a few months after NCWW was formed. I was on the Board for several years and have one of the higher post counts. Thanks to the many who have also made this a great place to spend some off time.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Scott Miller, Tracy Pardue, Capt'n A, Travis Porter, Bas, Cathy, David Fenton, Trent (who had his first date with his now wife a the first Shop Crawl) an I will add more later.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
This is a great group with to many to name that have helped. I am honored to be a member and have met so many great folks over the years. Thank you Steve for getting it started and to all those that have contributed

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I think it IS the BEST WOODWORKING SITE on the internet! Thank You Steve Coles!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
This is a great group with to many to name that have helped. I am honored to be a member and have met so many great folks over the years. Thank you Steve for getting it started and to all those that have contributed

I concur with Dirk!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
It wouldn't have happened without Steve C's original vision. It has grown way beyond what he originally envisioned I'm sure. But hey, maybe I assume too much. He was a visionary beyond what most of us could expect. This is a legacy that I would be proud of creating and I'm sure that he should be proud of it.

Great work, Steve.

cskipper

Cathy
Wow - you had a great idea Steve - thanks for following through on your plan. Makes me wonder at all the new members, and where some of the old have gone. Some have passed, some moved away, some changed focus (I guess) - miss them all the same. Just to name a few - sapwood, clowman (I'm finally about out of pen boxes), woodguy1975, JohnsonMBrandon, D L Ames, Dave O, Steve D, David F, b4man, Ozzie X, Handturnedbowls, NCPete, JRD, hpetty and I'm sure many more if I think about it. This group is largely responsible for me becoming and staying active in woodworking.

Thanks to all! :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS