Bandsaw Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Here are a couple of bandsaw boxes I recently completed. Both of these boxes are from plans found in Lois Keener Ventura's book Building Beautiful Boxes With Your Bandsaw. The first box is made from cherry with bacote for the handles and the second is ash with purpleheart handles. Both boxes are lined with Suede-Tex Flocking available from WC. I finished both boxes with four coats of hand rubbed varnish and wax.

I am mailing the ash box to my Mom as a Mother's Day gift but I will bring the Cherry Box for show and tell at the picnic on Saturday. Thanks for looking.

D L

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Beautiful boxes DL....I love the contrasting handles. I'm sure your Mom will cherish hers. I guess I'm going to have to try to make one, "one of these days". Keep up the great work!

cskipper

Cathy
Those are really sharp! I know your mom will love hers and I'm looking forward to seeing the other.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Really nice work DL! I think I like the ash one best. I wonder how a purple heart handle would look on a cherry box... hmm..

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
DL,

Great job. I really like the graceful curves and the exotic handles really set it off. Mom will be proud.

Mike

DaveO

New User
DaveO
D L those are SWEEEET!!!!! I too like the Ash and PH box the best, the color contrast is excellent, but the Cherry one isn't too shabby either :eusa_clap Please, Please!!! pack the box you are sending to your Mom extremely well, and see if the Post Office will let you insure it. Those mail handling goons show no respect for a fine handcrafted woodworking piece :eusa_doh:

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Beautiful work, DL! And thanks for posting the flocking link.

Your timing is perfect for me. I just built my first keepsake box for my daughter and will start finishing it tomorow. I had wondered about lining the box. That looks like a good solution.

I am so lucky that there's a Woodcraft between Rocky Mount and Jordan Lake! Looks like a picnic detour is in order. "Don't worry, honey, I'm just going in to get a few things, you can wait in the truck." YES!!! :lol: :lol:

Chuck

T

toolferone

Randy,

When can I come fishing with you? It has been years since I cast a real.

(sorry for the highjack)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey D L, I just noticed that you went with dark red flocking, not green. How come???
Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Nice job DL. I bought that book last fall and have not had time to take on a box yet. I really like both wood choices, you did a terrific job! :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beautiful Work, DL!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

You're Mother will be very pleased I am quite sure!!! The Ash and Purpleheart look awesome together. You must have a tremendous level of patience and a very steady hand at the old bandsaw!!! (Makes me wish that I had a bandsaw to play with!!!!)

Great work!!!! They are truly a work of art!!!

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
pssst - Wayne - maybe WG will come to the picnic and you can raid his shop. He has so many now he probably won't notice one missing! Keep it quiet though...

Sorry for the hijack.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
cskipper

pssst - Wayne - maybe WG will come to the picnic and you can raid his shop. He has so many now he probably won't notice one missing! Keep it quiet though...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Cathy! You can't imagine how much I would like to attend! Second oldest daughters graduation in Wilmington and youngest daughters HS prom is keepin' me away that day!

I am sure that he would have a "few bandsaw deals" lurking'!!!:crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Wayne

DavidF

New User
David
Great looking boxes - I must try it one day.

I hope WG can come to the picnic, it would be great to see him again - I owe him for "dumpster diving" for me after the Hickory show:lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
D L,

The boxes are flawless and the finish is smooth as silk :eusa_clap

Dang, even the grass looks perfect :eusa_shhh

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS