wood sales list

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
The NHLA site does list quite a few lumber suppliers in NC. As I said earlier, it is not all inclusive because I did not see McEwen Lumber listed and they are in High Point off Prospect St. I have bought from McEwen for several years now for the tablemaking class I teach at John C Campbell. They have treated me well. They will set the unit out for me to pick widths and lengths that best suit the need without excess waste. Not many places will do that for you. I do have a legitimate business with tax number, etc. That may make a difference in the overall picture. Anyway, just trying to be helpful.:) They are also catering more to the walk-in traffic more than most wholesale yards. They carry sheet goods also.
Jerry

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Jerry, if you could shoot me or one of the mods a PM with the contact info for McEwen Lumber similar to how we have it listed on our suppliers list we will definitely add it to the list. Sounds like they would be another great resource for folks here to check out.

Thanks,
D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Rob, we'll make sure to add that to our list along with McEwen Lumber, I got that info. Might pay them a visit this weekend.
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Gary, have you purchased from Eric Feltz before? What sort of hardwood does he normally keep on hand?
D L

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
Jonz
great to have the list. maybe it could be put somewhere permenantly for future reference. Two additions:
Internet Lumber Co and Wood Warehouse in Franklin NC. I'll post the phones and addrresses etc later. If anyone knows of more suppliers in WNC it would be greatly appreciated.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
They are already on the list. Nice web-site you set up :icon_thum And really nice folk there. I called looking for W. Cedar a while ago, and unlike most lumber dealers who tell you that they don't have what you want and hang up, he went out of his way to call around and help me to track down someone who could help me.

meritas

New User
Sam
I finally got by McEwen Lumber Co. in Raleigh (actually, Garner) and had a very pleasant experience. I bought a measly 2 sheets of 1/4 luan just to get on their customer list and they handled it promptly and politely. They carry MDO as well.

Clearly, they prefer truckload customers but if you can handle "random length, random width" wood, they are a great resource for us woodchucks.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That is good to know. The sign they have on their fence stating something along the lines that walk-in customers aren't welcome, turned me away. That location is very close to my house, so I will have to give them a try the next time I have to get more than a very small amount of wood.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Exotic woods and a studio.

Nice Figures Studio and Lumber Sales
1413 New Hope Trace
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Phone: 919-923-1433
e-mail: information@nicefigures.com

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10:00am to 6:00pm. Other times call for appointment.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Jim, you can add it yourself, if you want. Just bring up the wood list and click on the edit link at the bottom of the page

Exotic woods and a studio.

Nice Figures Studio and Lumber Sales
1413 New Hope Trace
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Phone: 919-923-1433
e-mail: information@nicefigures.com

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10:00am to 6:00pm. Other times call for appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors