Wanted: Metal bed frame (RTP area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Anyone have a metal bed frame they are looking to get rid of? I want to use it to build an additional lumber rack with 2x4's. Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I might. Are you just looking for the angle iron from the rails?? If I do it's a Queen size. I look around in the likely spots.
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Doug,

You might try the Habitat for Humanity ReStore on Raleigh Blvd. They are always a possibility... and less costly.

Ray

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Doug,

You might try the Habitat for Humanity ReStore on Raleigh Blvd. They are always a possibility... and less costly.

Ray

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Doug,

Ray

OK Ray, you said that twice. Are you beginning to repeat yourself like I do?:rolf::lol::-D:roll:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
OK Ray, you said that twice. Are you beginning to repeat yourself like I do?:rolf::lol::-D:roll:

It was my :evil: evil twin... Acutally, I was in the terminal at Bradley Airport (Hartford) this morning when I tried to post... I got disconnected from the wi-fi a couple of times while trying to post... :chatterbox: really... it wasn't my fault... really

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Doug, did you ever find a frame?? If not I do have the queen sized frame that I thought I did and you're more than welcome to it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'm more in your area than you are in mine. I work Wakefield a lot, and I already know where you live. My house is in the sticks and I've been told it's hard to find :roll:
I'll plan on dropping it off some time this week.
Unless you really want to come and visit..then so be

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Doug,

I have a king sized metal frame that you are welcomed to. Not sure how I would get it to you, but it is all yours if you want it. Otherwise it will be TRASHED by the LOML.

Trent

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Doug, I dropped it off outside your garage around lunch time today. I hope it will work for your needs.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
New Lumber rack

As many of you know I have a small shop (22 x 12) in a third bay of the garage. I do everything I can to maximize space.

A recent issue of FWW had a simple and strong lumber rack. Since I had wasted space above the garage door I thought I would try it out.

Thanks to DaveO's delivery of an unwanted bed frame I had a new lumber rack within the next 24 hours. I cut up the bed frame into 18" lengths. I made groves in 4 pieces of 4 x 4. I modified the plans by routing the area next to the groove so that the angle iron would be flush with the side of the 4 x 4. This also helped with the fact that the transition point of the angle iron is not perfectly quare and has a round over.

I drilled holes in the brackets and attached them to the 4 x 4 posts. I drill lag bolt holes with countersinks through the 4 x 4 and attached them to the studs in the walls. Pics below.

Thanks DaveO!!!:icon_thum

Attachments

• P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 189
  • P1010025.jpg
    P1010025.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 177

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am so glad that it worked out for you. I was worried that it was too light weight. And I am also glad not to be tripping over it when I go out to the barn :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors