The Ernie Miller Story (ARTICLE IN REPLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Re: The Ernie Miller Story

Recognition well-earned :icon_thum
We are proud to have you on NCWWer!

Roger

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

Hi all,

So there I was - puttering around the shop - building something very few folks want to buy and even less want to listen to. Just minding my own business when the phone rings. It's American Woodworker magazine and they want to do a spread about harpsichord building. "How did you get my name" I asked. The answer - ALAN IN LITTLE WASHINGTON. That's right, our own Alan in Little Washington sent them my name and suggested they do this story. So now you know who to blame.:gar-Bi

Once again, I'm flattered by all of your comments (and more than a little embarrassed)! I bought all of the available copies in Eastern North Carolina - all four of them, so someday my grandkids can read the article and enjoy grand-pa's 4 pages in the sun.

Thanks to everyone and especially to Alan.

Ernie

Yup, I was to blame . . . . and feel privileged and honored to have been able to do it!! (Now all I need is my editor to return my emails! :dontknow: )

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Once again, I'm flattered by all of your comments (and more than a little embarrassed)!
Ernie, there is only one thing worse than arrogance, and that's false modesty! Your craftsmanship is outstanding, and definitely deserved to be printed.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member

Ernie,

Way to go...and well deserved. And Kudu's to AILW for pointing AW in the right direction.

I'm anxiously awaiting my subscription copy of AW.

Dan C.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member

Congrats Ernie. Well deserved Kudoes to both you and Sandy. I think the bold print for the topic ("A great American Woodworker") and the article title (Ernie Miller, Harpsichord builder extraordinaire") were spot on. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Go

PS: For those of you bearded brothers-in-wood that were wanting info on respirators, there is also a good review of four different models in the same issue.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

Congrats, Ernie! And good man, Alan!

I got my magazine today and enjoyed the article ... even more-so since Ernie has become such a well-known NCWWer!

For those who didn't read it, here ya go!

And of course, if you like this ... you should subscribe to American Woodworker magazine!!!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

Congratulations Ernie!!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

That was a wonderful article to read!!!

One thing that I picked up on that I wasn't aware of was you building the model harpsichords!!!:elvis::elvis: Your overall patience must be commended!

Again. I thought the article was well done and your work excellent reflection of your talent.

Thanks too for the site plug!

Wayne

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Congratulations Ernie ! It was a job well done, and I personally enjoyed the show. Once again, thank you for using our site for you documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS