Spring Picinic - Thank You!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
First let me say, that the picnic was a great success,:eusa_danc at least from my viewpoint. Lots of great food and lots of great friends. There seemed to be a consensus that we should do it again.:icon_thum

For you that didn't make it, we missed you all and hope you can make it next year.

On a personal note. Thank you very much. Thank you for coming and making it a great day. But also, and most obviously, thank you for the lathe and tools. Not just because you gave me something I wanted, but more so because of the thought and effort to arrange it. The thought meant more to me than I can express. My jaw dropped and I was speechless(something that hasn't happened to me in long time.) and frankly I almost lost it:crybaby2:

So, once more to a great group of friends, THANK YOU

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Steve,

Sorry to have missed the picnic today. (Just got back from Wilmington about an hour ago!) Please permit me the opportunity to pass along a huge thankyou for all that you contributed to making it a success.

Now!!!! You know that you will have to start cranking out some projects for us to view, on that new lathe!

Thanks again for all of your ongoing support to this great site of ours!!

Wayne

T

toolferone

Lathe? Did someone give you a lathe?

Lathe $... tools$.... Expression on Stephens face PRICELESS!!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, just a small Thank-You for all that you do. It really pales in comparison.
BTW, I had a great time at the picnic, and I was good to see and meet everyone.
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Steve,

I hope you enjoy the lathe. I had a great time, and already look forward to the next one. The lathe was just a small token of appreciation for all the work that you pour into making this the best site on the net!

gator

George
Corporate Member
Pictures - Pictures - Pictures

Pictures - Pictures - Pictures

No Pictures - It Didn't Happen

Sure sorry I had prior commitment and had to miss the picnic. But, I have to see pictures to know it happened.

Glad you all had a good time.

George

cskipper

Cathy
Wow, what a fun day! We both really enjoyed ourselves and loved meeting other embers and their families. Definitely count us in for next year! We will post pictures later.

Steve, we wanted you to know how much we appreciate all your hard work with this group, and how much it means to us. Toolferone is correct - your expression was priceless - maybe we should re-enact it and submit it for the MC/Visa commercial they are seeking!

Oh, and thanks everyone for all the wonderful compliments and the new additions to my wood supply! I called Rob and suggested he come complete the shaper caper tomorrow while John is here to help him move it from one truck to the other. Meanwhile it is safely tucked under the carport.

Good job Steve :icon_thum

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Many, many thanks to you Steve.

I think it can all be summed up in the immortal words Steve proclaimed....

"Lets eat."

I can't wait till we have the next first annual picnic!

Jim

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Steve,
Not only to echo the sentiments of others but also to personally thank you for what you have created here. Hope you get many enjoyable hrs. out of your new toy. Hurry up, and get something done so we can seeee.

And to all who I met today, I had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed meeting all that I did. Naturally I didn't meet everyone but those that I did get a chance to meet and talk with made me glad I became part of the North Carolina Woodworker family.

Can't wait til next year.

Mike

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Steve, thanks for not only hosting the picnic today but also for all of your hard work and endless hours keep the site up and running. The lathe was just a small token of our appreciation for all that you have done for us and the great NCWW community that you have created.

I had a wonderful time today and enjoyed meeting everyone. I am not sure if I can wait a whole year for the next one. Maybe we need to start planning now for a NCWW Fall Fest.:icon_thum

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Actually, if I remember correctly, Insom said something about coordinating the next wall - seems like this fall - when he discovered he couldn't come to this one......

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
cskipper said:
Actually, if I remember correctly, Insom said something about coordinating the next wall - seems like this fall - when he discovered he couldn't come to this one......

Yeah....I remember.......he did say that.:lol:

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Sounds like a great time was had, and I truly am sorry I couldn't participate. I just spent about 30 minutes in Asheville doing something I could not reschedule. Oh well... maybe next year. Or maybe... this fall... (?) :eusa_thin

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hey Steve,

While I did have a terrific day of building, I'm also very sorry I couldn't be with the whole gang at the picnic. From the above posts it sounds as if everyone had a wonderful time... and I couldn't be happier.

Thank you for all you do for this group.

Ray

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I want to think all of you for letting Cathy and I a be part of such a great group. We really had a great time at the (semi-annual) picnic, show & tell, swap & sell gathering. The food was great, weather beautiful and fellowship wonderful. I hope everyone get a chance to come to the next one. When and were????????

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Here is a pic of Papa Smurf addressing the mob after receiving the Rikon mini lathe, stand, and turning tools as a small token of our appreciation for all of the hard work and long hours Steve puts into keeping this site up and running.

D L

SteveC.JPG

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
:icon_chee :5wow: No! That's WOW!what a day it was. Steve, thank you for the GREAT JOByou do for all of us and for the work you did to make the 1st Spring Fling a knockout.:eusa_clap :5wow: The food was GREAT! As a matter of fact I am eating some of the ribs and slaw while I am reviewing the site. They are SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

To all my fellow woodworking friends, it was so nice to be able to put a face to the person you are replying to on the site. I enjoyed all the woodworking projects and learning new technigues shown. I have been a member of many organizations in my life time, but this group gives me a special feeling of belonging. Thanks too all! My wife also enjoyed today and thought I would have to put a muzzle :eusa_sile :rogarHeadon the WOOD WIDOW :kermit: before I got home. I have been married to her for 18 years and went with her 6 years before that and I have never heard her talk so much in such a short time. She also says thank you for a wonderful day and looks forward to another. I was so busy eating-talking-looking at all the goodies that everyone had I forgot to take pictures! I am glad someone in this group had there head on straight.:icon_thum :5thanks: Again, Steve thank you for all you do for this Group who play in the SAWDUST PILE. To all of you I met thank you for the day and those I did not meet today Shame on me! For those who were unable to be with us I look forward to meeting you and sharing your projects. :clock: Is it time to think about the FALL! Fall Foliage:5camoufla is pretty in Western North Caroliona:?: :lol: Terry

Last edited:

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
Being very new to both this forum and this state, I particulary enjoyed todays gathering, thanks very much!
Fall is indeed a beautiful time of year, yes/no?

M

McRabbet

Steve,

The smile on your face in the photo that DL posted just says it all! Congratulations on the new lathe and goodies for it -- even those of us that couldn't make it knew a surprise was in the offing -- you've done so much for so many in the last year that it was a small way for us to say thanks -- I was very sorry we couldn't make it, but I sure will help see that we westerners do everything we can to organize a Fall event to follow up on this great kick-off picnic. Can't wait to see more pics and to read more posts about today's great get-together.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS