Raleigh KD Run#2 - Good Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I just got back from HF in Raleigh, picked up my QSRO from Jeff. The wood looks real good, I can't wait to see how it planes out, Thanks Jeff.

I finally got to meet a bunch of you, and you seem like really great guys, it nice to put some names with the screen personalities. Anyway, I had a great time, and I'll see y'all at the next wood run.

Jimmy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey neighbor, it was great meet you too. We'll have to have our own little shop crawl sometime...because we can just about crawl to each others shops :lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey neighbor, it was great meet you too. We'll have to have our own little shop crawl sometime...because we can just about crawl to each others shops :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Dave it was great to meet you. Like we said when we were kids " I'll show you mine if you show me yours" (For all you perverts not involved we are talking about shops). Any time you want to stop by or have me over just send me PM.

Once again, it was great meeting everyone.

Jimmy

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Same here.........nice to meet some of you and as usuall Jeff had some great wood for us.. Thanks Jeff.... Guess we need to start a Clayton club huh :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dirk, did I get the opportunity to meet you?:5dunce: You're on my hot list of folks that I would like to meet, I would hate it if I was too busy playing with my wood to say Hey and introduce myself :eusa_doh:

J

jeff...

Thanks everyone for coming out to the 2nd KD lumber run. It was great meeting some of the newer members and see some of the older ones again. It was hot and my poor little trailer was loaded to about capacity. Although I must say it was a lot lighter dry than when I pulled it green to Scott's, it was just a lot taller :lol: From what I seen Scott did an awesome job drying the lumber again. I think everyone walked away happy, thank you all very much for coming out and purchasing some lumber, I had a good time.

Honestly I didn't see one camera so I doubt there are any pictures. I'll have to remember to snap a few off next run.

toolman

New User
Chad
All of you hit the nail on the head great wood and great time. Thanks Jeff! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:-D:-D

After the wood run went to DaveO's to get my pen boxes Thank DaveO for getting the boxes they will work great:-D:-D I like your wood shop as well. Can't wait to go back and let you teach my son and me some bowl turning:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:-D:-D
Man I had a camera :BangHead: :slap: but I just got all tied up moving wood like every one else:eusa_booh Will get it next time....

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey Can I chirp in too???:-D:-D

Had a great time. Didn't hurt my back this time so that was a plus. Dave remembered and was quick to remind me. Thanks lil Brother.

Jeff I thank you kind Sir as always. Scott great job on drying the wood.:eusa_danc

I was able to meet some new folks and shake hands with some that I met last time.

Only regret was that I had to leave too soon. But heck the grandkids, got to come first.

I wasn't ready to leave yet. There were soooooo many discussions to continue.

Thanks everyone for a great time.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Great to meet a few of the guys. A big thanks to Jeff for cutting and bringing the lumber and to Scott for drying it. Enjoyed it very much.

tv

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
My thanks to all for the kind comments regarding the kiln drying. Hopefully I can tag along at some of the future deliveries; things on the farm were a bit too hectic for me to join Jeff on Sunday.

I have enjoyed looking at the pics posted about the projects made from the wood that I've dried. Please keep them coming!

Scott

ps - three of my Kil-mo-trol probes are unaccounted for. These are spiked into some of the boards during the drying process and attached to the computerized monitoring system in my control room. If you happened to end up with a board that has three little holes in it about 3/4" apart, that's what they are from.

If you come across anything that looks like a 3/8" square piece of metal with a hole through it, and a short spike sticking out one side, please send me a PM! Thanks. Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mike, thanks for the info. When we pulled the load out of the kiln, there were three probe wire harnesses and three probe pin sets that we could not remove w/o destacking the pile. So we left them in.

Jeff brought me back the three harnesses and two probe pin sets on Saturday afternoon (needed for the new load that went into the kiln yesterday), but we were short one pin probe set...

They're kinda hard to miss, and pretty good sized, so I dont' think that anybody will run them through the planer or jointer by accident...

Scott

psufaninnc

New User
winston
I am the probe culprit! They were in my pocket when I was cleaning out my pockets last night. Put them in there when I was handing down wood yesterday. I thought they would be good picture hangers. Wouldn't stay in the drywall. It was nice meeting some of you and thanks for the wood Jeff and Steve. Steve I sent you a PM On how to get your picture hangers, I mean probes back. Winston

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey Winston,

It figures a Johnston County boy would think that they were picture hangers. Don't you know that pneumatic nailers are what you're supposed to use for hanging pictures.:lol::lol::lol::lol:. Anyway, it was a good time yesterday.

Jimmy

Touchwood

New User
Don
It was great to meet all you guys for the first time...I'm even hooking up names with faces

Scott...I SAW Jeff take those pins and wires..don't let him deny it :lol:

Don

Touchwood

New User
Don
Apologies Jeff and Scott.

I saw Jeff pulling out the probes and just assumed he would keep them for you:BangHead: I think he was coiling up the yellow wires too.

It was getting hot, I was pooped and probably nutty by then.:eusa_booh

Those 8/4 walnut boards are HEAVY!!!

Don

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
8/4 walnut poof, try the 6x6's now those had some weight to them.
A buddy and I loaded them up in a rack that I built in my attic.
Had to change shirts when that was done.
Sure glad this morning wasn't as hot as yesterdays.
I was sweating a bit too.

You know we really should put our pic in out avatars, it would make it so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS