NCWW Picnic Saturday May 22nd Chapel Hill's Southern Community Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Re: NCWW Picnic Saturday May 22nd

Did I miss the post that said definitively where the picnic was going to be held? Last I read, it was being held in the "Triangle".

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I signed up with 4 guests but it's looking like we may not make it. go ahead and remove my sign up and if things change I will re sign up later.
thanks

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
OK,If I do understand,it is going to be held ay Chaple Hill park,Right.So now does anybody know if there is an RV park near there?I can't seem to locate one. :dontknow: :dontknow: :BangHead:

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Signed up, and reminder placed in calendar.

I really like to cook & eat new and different things. I know the entree will be pig. Should I start a new thread for side dishes? A family favorite is deviled eggs, but we don't need everyone to bring deviled eggs. So I'm looking for ideas in advance for side dishes.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

I really like to cook & eat new and different things. I know the entree will be pig. Should I start a new thread for side dishes? A family favorite is deviled eggs, but we don't need everyone to bring deviled eggs. So I'm looking for ideas in advance for side dishes.

Did someone say Deviled Eggs....if they got some/alot of Horseradish in them. I'm good for a dozen or so..to eat :gar-Bi

Dave:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

You said the "D word" around DaveO. :eusa_naug Let the stampede begin. :gar-La;

I think last year they started a thread for the side dishes. :icon_scra

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hold on to your waistbands! Its food sign up time!

For those who want to bring their favorite dish (or someone else's favorite dish), here is your chance to be the first or third or fourth to sign up!

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=33

Not only is this a nifty form, you can see what others have signed up to bring.

Looking forward to lots of wonderful dishes.

Before anyone thinks bout it, I have all the serving spoons and spatula's from last years picnic. So don't feel the need to bring any.

But, I'm not bringing the fried rice I brought home or the jello salad :) Thats long gone.....

Jim

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
OK,If I do understand,it is going to be held ay Chaple Hill park,Right.So now does anybody know if there is an RV park near there?I can't seem to locate one. :dontknow: :dontknow: :BangHead:
Ken,
Chapel Hill isn't a camping kind of place. There are a few options near Jordan Lake about 15 miles away which are pretty nice. Check out Moncure, NC for a couple of private ones and state run campgrounds on Jordan lake and at Umstead Park in Raleigh.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

ken, i am about an hour away and still unsure if I will make the picnic [but it's lookin better:icon_thum] you are more than welcome to park a camper here for a day or three. power and water would be available.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Thanks for the offer Fred,but we found a campground about 30 min from the picnic,thanks to Bobby G.I had already made the resorvations before I saw your post,or I may have just takin you up on it.Hope to see you at the pic a nic :gar-Bi

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Thanks for the offer Fred,but we found a campground about 30 min from the picnic,thanks to Bobby G.I had already made the resorvations before I saw your post,or I may have just takin you up on it.Hope to see you at the pic a nic :gar-Bi

Ken, sounds like problem solved, but for future reference if you ever come back this way - there are a couple on Falls Lake - Holly Point, and one on hwy 98, 30-40 min from Chapel Hill.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Did I miss the start time, or any other pertinent event times, along the way? :dontknow::icon_scra:eusa_thin

I'm actually going to be able to come for once :icon_cheers but the start/feeding times will determine what portion of the rest of the family will be joining me and for how long.

Brian.

Carolina

Chris
User
I know what date and the location but here's a dumb question............ What time does the picnic start????

Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors