NCWW Picnic Saturday May 22nd Chapel Hill's Southern Community Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know what date and the location but here's a dumb question............ What time does the picnic start????

Thanks,
Chris

Not a dumb question. Set-up and arrival starts a 10:00. Fun starts at 10:00. The BBQ should be arriving around noon. Fun continues until all have gone home. :eusa_danc

richlife

New User
Rich
I'm gonna be there at 6am. I want to be the first in line for the lunch buffet!

Jim

I've developed a conflict I can't get out of, so I'm gonna be quite late (say 1:45). Save me a little, Jim :swoon:...

Actually, Sheila will be there with the beans and our winning raffle tickets in time for lunch. Rich

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I may be blind but I still have not seen a map or directions that I can read.:dontknow: anyone have a map that gives references such as from I-40?:icon_scra

nevermind..... I am blind. anybody got a seein eye dog to loan for the ride saturday?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I may be blind but I still have not seen a map or directions that I can read.:dontknow: anyone have a map that gives references such as from I-40?:icon_scra

nevermind..... I am blind. anybody got a seein eye dog to loan for the ride saturday?

From Raleigh/Cary - Take I-40W until you come to Exit 273B. Take that exit and cloverleaf around and you will be on Hwy 54 going towards Chapel Hill. Approximately 2+/- miles you will see an overpass. Go under the overpass and immediately cloverleaf to the right and you will be on Hwy 54/15-501. Approximately 2.1 miles, you will see a sign that says "Chapel Hill - Pittsboro 1/2 mile". Take that exit and turn left at the light at the top of the ramp. From the point at which you turn left, the park entrance will be 1.3 miles on the right which will be the first right after the light at Market St. You will see the sign "Southern Community Park North Entrance".

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Guess who's in NC and coming? Yes, that would be me. I hope there is a prize for farthest traveled, I think I'm about 650 miles or so. :rotflm:

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Just want to say thanks to all the folks that put this together,as Sharon and I had a GREAT time and met so many good folks. ( even Don L.) :rotflm::rotflm:Hope we can do it again in the future.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Boxmaker, did you leave something at the picnic (boxes, etc.). If so, I think Rob (McRabbet has it.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Boxmaker, did you leave something at the picnic (boxes, etc.). If so, I think Rob (McRabbet has it.

Yup,sure did,but don't tell Don L :dontknow::dontknow: But Scotts got it,gonna get it in the morn on the way to Winston Salem,if I don't fergit.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
What a great time at the picnic today! Thanks to everyone who put it together. It was really wonderful to put so many faces with names.

Travis

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Rich, dogs are permitted at the picnic :)

If you got pics, we have a gallery all set up just awaiting your uploads!

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1976

Thanks tons to Scott Miller for all he did in pulling this day off. Bravo! Everything from the site to the food to the cornhole game was handled beautifully.

Rob did a bang up job on those Raffle Prizes. Not to mention Doug Robinson being the Vanna White during the drawing.

Thanks to everyone who brought food, I'm still not hungry!! And those desserts...... I can reaffirm Susan's Cheesecake Squares rule! So did some smore's and tangerine cookies. Plus a few pieces of cake. No wonder I'm still full :)

Great seeing old faces, young faces and new faces. Just a blast hanging out and eating with this group!

Lastly, thanks for everyone who petted Tony. He said he's never felt so well scratched behind the ears. He also wanted me to relay to Bruce that the BBQ was the best he's ever had. And he's had a lot :)

Jim

GoToLeep

New User
Dan
I also had a great time at the picnic. Picked up some "goods", won a couple of things, saw some examples of the excellent work this creative bunch does, and had a great lunch (still not hungry also). But, most importantly, met some very nice people and put some faces to names. Thanks to all who put their time and effort into making it such a success.

BTW, I "NEED" the recipe for those Applesauce cookies. I can feel myself starting to shake from the withdrawal.

Dust Storm

New User
Jim
Hat's off to everyone who contributed to make this happen today :icon_cheers. My son and I had a great time and looking forward to the next one. It was great to see faces to go with the names.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
+100 on the Thanks for the effort that all of these guys put into making this so great.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

My only suggestion is that next year we keep Doug away from drawing tickets so that maybe some of us that are there can win, Doug did a great job of picking winners that we couldn't cheer for this year because they weren't there!!!!:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors