Laureen in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Today WRAL TV ran a story on my wifes non-profit Veterinary Spay Neuter program. All in all the clip turned out well.

It was not arranged in advance; the TV folks called this morning and requested permission to come out today.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/5703941/

We have both the kitten that had it's leg amputated, as well as the kitten that someone threw out the window of their car here at the house, in case any NCWoodworkers are looking for a new cat.

The kitten that was tossed out the window is extraordinarly sweet - a real purr and biscuit making machine! She has some upper respitory problems though, and won't be available for adoption until she's better.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool Scott, I am glad that Laureen is getting some good publicity for the work that she does. Luckily my wife is not home or one of those kittens might have to come home.
Dave:)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Sitting here on the couch with my daughter, we just watched the vidio clip and afterwards she asked can we get us another cat. :confused_ "No seriously dad can we" then she asks stipper if he wants a friend :swoon: Shes got stipper all spoiled up and trained to sit on voice command (her voice only).

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great story about a great group. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap for the Doc and team.

Rob

New User
Rob
Pretty neat Scott. I would adopt the cat, but have adopted 3 already, and that's about all we can handle.

timf67

New User
Tim
That is really awesome! :icon_thum:icon_thum

If we lived closer, I am sure we would be interested in one of the kittens.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:eusa_hand Now Jeff, about your sig...us Lefty's allow right handed folks to speak freely, though only when spoken to....

Now back to the topic: Good on WRAL for doing the story. Sometimes a last-minute spot will end up on the editing floor, to make room for commercials.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thanks for sharing that story!

Its a wonderful thing you both do for our furry friends.

I checked with Tony and he's not up for a cat at this time. He has enough trouble chasing the two neighborhood strays out of his back yard.....

Jim

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
A BIG "Attagirl" and a pat on the back to the Doc for all her work.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

We need more people like her!

:wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That's a great thing that Laureen does. And it is wonderful of both of you for taking those animals in to your home and helping them. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats to Laureen and the rest of the staff for all of the great work she continues to do!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks for sharing these great stories, Scott.

Wayne

M

McRabbet

:eusa_clap Kudos to Laureen and the entire team for all they do! :eusa_clap

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well deserved recognition :icon_thum
I'm ever grateful to folks like Laureen and yourself that make a real difference in the world!

Roger

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
It's wonderful what y'all are doing. If only everyone would spay/neuter! I put together a PowerPoint show on spaying and neutering which I have presented to different groups.

Our five dogs and six cats keep us busy. And when we get a new one, it's always a rescue we find on the side of the road.

I love these quotes:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
---Ghandi

"All cruelty springs from weakness."
--Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

"In studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called lower animals, and contrasting them with man's, I find the result humiliating to me."
--Mark Twain (author)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors