Laureen in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Hey, I saw that, and recognized Laureen! The wife and I happened to be talking about NCWW and finances and poof there's Laureen!

Congrats, and it was a good story in my book!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I saw the piece with LOML and commented that I "knew" you guys:roll:.

It's a great program and she (and you) is to be commended for all the hard work put into saving/helping these animals in distress.

YOU BOTH ROCK!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Thanks all for the kind words.

The kittens are all doing better. Two had one leg amputated, two more are "normal", and the one that was tossed out of the car - Benson - is starting to recover from his injuries. He still has some upper respitory problems to overcome though.

I'm thinking that Benson may become my new "shop cat", to replace "Stripper" - the one that Jeff stole....

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
It seems you have an amazing woman there.I commend you both for your work an taking those animals in an looking after them.

MikeL

New User
Michael
I saw this thread last night and shared the video with my wife. I had mentioned your wife's work when I got back from my last visit to your place. That is a great clip covering a wonderful story. I wish they aired more like this on television.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Scott, if I'm not mistaken you said you had a planer and saws that could cut a large slab of pecan I have. As East Wake Hardwoods is no longer in business I think I may take you up on that. If the kittens are still around when I get around to it I may take one or two or so. I have 10 cats now, all spayed/neutered/shots and well fed (I used to have 13). They all get along fine with each other and have never minded a new one tossed into the pile. They can come in the house if they like but most don't. They have 75 acres on which to play, access to the barn/shop to get out of the weather and rarely do I ever see any near the road - they are backyard cats. They don't mind sharing their food with possums and they do alright with the 2 dogs.
Cats are pretty low maintainance pets and they do a GREAT job of keeping small rodents at bay. Cat chow gets expensive especially since the 18 lb bags of food (which used to be 20 lbs, 22lbs before that and 25 lbs many years ago) just got reduced to 16.5 lbs.
Never had a tripod cat though!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I'm thinking that Benson may become my new "shop cat", to replace "Stripper" - the one that Jeff stole....

Yeah that cat I "stole" sure does have it made...

P10101101.JPG

crokett

New User
David
Sitting here on the couch with my daughter, we just watched the vidio clip and afterwards she asked can we get us another cat. :confused_ "No seriously dad can we" then she asks stipper if he wants a friend :swoon: Shes got stipper all spoiled up and trained to sit on voice command (her voice only).

So when's the new cat coming home? :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS