June 16th Woodguy Bandsaw Commencement Party!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I hope I can make it, it sounds like a nice reprieve after what will be a very busy next two weeks.
I realize the food is always good and the fellowship even better, but lets get down to brass tacks.
Will you have an opportunity before then to get something in the dumpster?
That may be the deal breaker.:eusa_thin

Dude you are welcome to any and all scraps I have laying around the shop. In fact we might be able to stir up a scrap drive for the event. Folks can bring scraps that they have no use for for the penturners. That would be a neat thing.

The demo would be fine by me. :icon_thum That is an awsome idea!!! I'd be willing to put on a little sculptural bandsaw demo in the interest of sharing if folks would like to see some of the sculptural things I teach my rocker students. :)

See ya,

John

M

McRabbet

John, I'm going to [strike]try[/strike] to make it -- depends on what LOML has on the calendar that I don't know about yet...

Hope all is well with you and April in China and that your return trip is coming soon!

Bulletin: LOML and I will both be there! What can we bring?

Last edited by a moderator:

cskipper

Cathy
Dude you are welcome to any and all scraps I have laying around the shop. In fact we might be able to stir up a scrap drive for the event. Folks can bring scraps that they have no use for for the penturners. That would be a neat thing.

John

I realize that Eagle can reach further into the trash bin than some of us can, but the scrollers (okay, maybe just me-but I'd share with other folks!) would appreciate scraps (that are larger than ones for the pen turners) too!

M

McRabbet

John -- check my earlier post -- both Nancy and I will be coming to enjoy the fun!

Rob

woodguy1975

New User
John
Time to revive this thread a little. Anyone else looking like they are going to be able make it. I promise it's going to be a great time.

John

AL Spicer

New User
Al
John,

I want to come but waited until now to reply because I didn't know if I could make it. Looks like my wife (Cindy) can also make it. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone and reuniting with some of the nice people I met at the picnic.

Have a nice day.

Al

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Last Minute Change (aka Life): I got a BBQ to attend early Saturday afternoon. Fund raiser for AAU baseball team. I don't have kids, but it is for a good cause. I may still be able to swing by to visit.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ahh directions directions.....

Just a reminder

Date: June 16th
Time: 2:00pm food to arrive at 3:00pm

Directions:

From I-40 take exit 121 (Long View Exit, 4 miles west of Hickory).
Off the exit regardless of west or east turn right
Go about 3 miles and you will come to a wye by two gas stations
Go straight through the wye onto George Hildebran School Rd.
Continue on GHSR for one mile unit you see the County Line sign. Turn right on Madison Lane, about 200 yards beyond County Line.
I'm the second house on the [strike]left[/strike] RIGHT.
Park in the grass and come around to the back yard. :)

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jeff...

Did I hear right? Food and Drink and Eagle and John doing demos? Wow John you must really be glad to be back home, welcome back, PARTY TIME... :drunken_s

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I am looking for WHITE clear woods, Holly or Sycamore is anyone has any off cuts they cannot use.
There isn't much I turn down so if you have anything you might toss in the burn pile bring it along and let me take a look at it.
(Even dyamond wood scraps are considered):eusa_danc

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
i will try to get there and if i do i will hijac dozer too. still up in the air though so we will see.

fred p

woodguy1975

New User
John
If you have any folding chairs please bring them. We may need the seating. :). Looking forward to Saturday.

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS