June 16th Woodguy Bandsaw Commencement Party!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
We'll I'm still in China, but it isn't too early to get numbers up for the event. I mentioned I was going to have a party After the Moak was up and running so here it is. I think I'm going to kickstart this one at 2pm with food to arrive at 3pm. I will be catering in BBQ from one of the local good places. The food last time was awsome. I want to make this as much as a general party as a woodworking affair so spouses are more than welcome to come.

I need to get an idea of how many people are coming, so please post if you are going to make it. If you think it would be a better thing to have it earlier please feel free to say so. The plan is for good food, good people and lots of fun. :)

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
June 16 could be tough for me. I'm supposed to go to a wedding that day (mine!). I'll talk to LOML but it will be a hard sell getting her to change the date. :lol: ;-) :roll: :eusa_doh:

pete

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
June 16 could be tough for me. I'm supposed to go to a wedding that day (mine!). I'll talk to LOML but it will be a hard sell getting her to change the date. :lol: ;-) :roll: :eusa_doh:

pete

Congratulations!

MikeH

New User
Mike
Wish I could make it John, but we are dropping my daughter off at my Dad's in Northern Va that weekend. I'll have to just swing up sometime and see it.

Congrats on finishing it and I hope you have safe travel back home.

T

toolferone

Well I will be there. Not sure if the wife will be or not. We will come up Friday night and stay at her moms house. I am trying to convince her to leave Sophie with grandma and come to lunch.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I sure would like to come but . . . . 2 1/2 hrs to the picnic was doable, almost 5 hrs to Hickory- well that's too much. Now if you were in Hickory, Nash County, that would be better! :-D

woodguy1975

New User
John
Awsome. Keep the replys coming.

Pete, I guess that would qualify as enough of a reason not to be able to make it. That would rank right beside my reason for not making the picnic.:lol: :lol:

Congrats BTW dude. If you reception food sucks swing on down to Hickory!!!:rolf: :rolf:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well I will be there. Not sure if the wife will be or not. We will come up Friday night and stay at her moms house. I am trying to convince her to leave Sophie with grandma and come to lunch.

Awsome. Convince her to make it. We'll make it a great time. Monty, get a baby sitter and get your wife to make it too.:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy

pete

Now, that's a good excuse! Maybe John could add decorations and you could convince her it's a receiption:lol: Seriously, congrats and best wishes to you both!

WG - I'm planning on making it - hopefully John will be able to make it too.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
DANG IT...I got SO excited because we could make this trip no problem...I got the wife ready to go, convinced her she'd have fun too...then the date came up!! LOL she's in a wedding on June 16th...hopefully one day we'll be able to make it to one of these get togethers.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I hope I can make it, it sounds like a nice reprieve after what will be a very busy next two weeks.
I realize the food is always good and the fellowship even better, but lets get down to brass tacks.
Will you have an opportunity before then to get something in the dumpster?
That may be the deal breaker.:eusa_thin

T

toolferone

Will you have an opportunity before then to get something in the dumpster?
That may be the deal breaker.:eusa_thin

Eagle, that is so funny. I saw that you were the last post and my first thought was about you looking for scraps!! You beat me to the punchline on that one :rolf: ! Hope to see you there either way.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I aint promising anything, I spoke with the cretive member of the family and my wife has to check her schedule or see if she can request it off.
I was wondering if there were enough pen turners coming , maybe doing a demo?
Something easy and quick like making a PR blank.
(yes you read that right, I wondered if anyone would like to see me make a PR blank.)
Something along the lines of this.
resin.jpg

If there is enough time, maybe we could turn one.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang Eagle, that is making this very tempting. To see you teach anything, even if it is PR casting would be an honor.
Would it be able to set up in time to see it turned???

Dave:)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Dang Eagle, that is making this very tempting. To see you teach anything, even if it is PR casting would be an honor.
Would it be able to set up in time to see it turned???

Dave:)

Casting?, who said anything about casting?
Haven't you ever seen "mind freak"
All I need is a box and to divert your attention.:eusa_danc
If the planets are in alignment I will bring one to turn if there is enough time.
I haven't figured out to to do the spinny thing real fast.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS