I Spent all day in the shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
and I made all the parts for the 8 web frames needed for two night stands. I have been building a bedroom set for our Master Bedroom for about 7 years. Everything but the night stands have been done for 2 years...seems like some other project always took priority over this project. Now it is top of the list and I am energized to get them done!

Here they are so far:

Night_Stand_Web_Frames.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Bill

skeeter

New User
Charles
Yes, I'd say you've been energized this weekend. Lots of progress and some good looking M&T's

Last edited by a moderator:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Impressive production of mortise and tenons. A few more days without those annoying interruptions and you should have some nice looking stuff.

And now for the dumb question. :roll:
What kind of wood . . . maple, ash???

Roger

Last edited:

John_LA

New User
John Lach
An excellent way to spend the day and a good days work I might add. The night stands made of cherry?

John

BillPappas

New User
Bill
The only way I was able to make that many M&T joints in one day was with the Leigh FMT. The tool is amazing and makes these type operations a snap once you get it all setup.

A couple of posts have asked about the wood. I am using Mahogany for the carcass and the front web frame rails, the other parts of the web frame are maple. The drawer fronts will be quarter sawn Sapelle.

The night tables need to match the other pieces I have made over the years.

Like this dresser/mirror:
320c6052_std_std.jpg

Armoire
320c6665_std.jpg

and Blanket Chest:
320c6609_std_std.jpg

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Awesome production for a day, Bill.

Thanks for posting pics of the bedroom suite. It looks beautiful. I really like the design (and the lines) and I love the look of the sapele. :icon_thum

Chuck

John_LA

New User
John Lach
Those are beautiful pieces, I really like the design of the dresser :eusa_clap

Been thinkin about the FMT for a while. Have to see what income tax brings, or takes away :lol:

John

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
A bad day in the shop is better than a good day at work anytime. It is obvious you had a good day. I have read quite a bit on the Leigh FMT, it is a neat machine.

dozer

Mike
Wow great looking bedroom set. One day I will try my hand at that and can only hope it turns out anywhere near as nice as yours did.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
All the Leigh tools are pricey but very high quality and they make repetitive jobs much faster. So for me the cost is worth it to save the time, plus the FMT does a great job at cutting M&T joints. When I built the Chest of Drawers I did not have the FMT or the D4 for dovetails...I cut them all by hand. At the time I was happy I was able to cut decent M&T's and dovetails by hand but decided then to get tools for those kinds of tasks or I would be chopping M&T and dovetails forever.:lol:

Regards,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS