Finally - My Latest Maloof Style Rocker Photo Shoot Complete (Lots of Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Rock & Roll John!

Obviously you pulled a lot of skills and beautiful wood together for this one. Astonishing quality of chair and photo :eusa_clap

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Brilliant work, John and absolutely beautiful pics to show it off. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

J

jeff...

John WOW 8-O, I really like the way the legs attach to the rocker, got any closeups of that joint? great photos, you must have more than an HP210 like me hu?

dtomasch

New User
David
Brillant, as always, John. Looks like the finish came out beautifully. Thanks for sharing. And great photos too:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

poppop

New User
Don
that really is beautiful. I still have that on my todo list - my wife says just after a few things she has in mind

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ok went out to your website is it under "2006 Rocker #1 - Figured Cherry"?. Isn't it 2007?, I know you don't want to be a year older and neither do I :-D

The year is 2006 on purpose. It was crafted in 2006 so it gets a 2006 date. Look at the year I burned in the bottom of the seat. :)

woodguy1975

New User
John
(speechless)

Are those contrasting Miller Dowels I see?

NO! I'd never use a Miller dowel in a rocker. They don't have enough strength where I'd need it. What you are seeing are brass pins. They go a full 3" into the seat for extra strength to the back leg joint.

I like the cherry/brass combo.

John

DavidF

New User
David
That is truly stunning John, I wish I could see it in person! Great pics too, the work in putting together the studio really paid off. Now I have to craft something for the 2008 calendar to compete with that - a challenge for sure, but what an incentive!! Well done.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Great chair!

A large complex object like that is very difficult to light properly. You almost need a bright cloudy day with lots of small fill lights.

I have a large 48" square soft box that really helped light the peice up. The reflective umbrella popped the figure and took away most of the shadows.

I left some of the shadow on purpose to show the effect of the hardlines on the chair. Hardlines are ment for tactile and reflective interest.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS