Christmas Presents Done...well almost

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I have been working hard the past few days to complete Christmas projects - potpourri boxes. I just finished 5 of the potpourri boxes...4 lids left to scroll and finish.

These are the same style boxes that DL made last year. I made them in padauk, zebrawood, and lacewood, finished in lacquer.

The box was simple but the lid was more work than I thought. I've never used a scrollsaw before so I bumbled my way through scrolling the lids. Thanks to Mshel (Mike) for letting me use his saw to learn the very basics.

LOML ended up buying me a Delta SS350 from the BORG. I went through the aggravation of learning to install and tension blades and broke two along the way. I ended up taking the saw to Mike's shop and he gave me a quick tutorial on tension adjustment and a few extra blades.

I will scroll the last 4 lids tomorrow morning.

Pics of a few of the boxes are attached below.

Chuck

Attachments

• 3 Boxes small.JPG
    3 Boxes small.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 180
  • Padauk box small.JPG
    Padauk box small.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 179

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Wow Chuck Nice work I like the design and wood choices :icon_thum I hope the LOML does not see them :lol: :lol:

cskipper

Cathy
Nice boxes Chuck. And if you only broke a couple of blades you did pretty good- you'll break fewer as you go along. Welcome to the wonderful world of scroll-sawing.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work there, Chuck!

I too really like the padauk box!!!! Real pretty!

That scroll work looks way too intricate for me, just yet!

I am quite sure the recipients will be very, very pleased and they will be treasured gifts for a long, long while!

Wayne

b4man

New User
Barbara
Really nice gifts! As Cathy said, " you only broke two"? I brake at least one blade every time I scroll. You did a great job! Lucky people who get them. Merry Christmas!

skeeter

New User
Charles
Nice looking boxes. I like all the wood and the scroled patterns are really sharp. Only two blades, wow! When I bought my scroll saw I went to Tools Plus to buy a pack of blades. When the guys found out I was a newbie, they gave me an extra pack and said I'd need them. I DID!

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Chuck,

Looks like you got the hang of it now. Great looking boxes and lids. See you made a on the fly design change. :lol: I like it.

Merry Christmas / Happy New Year

Mike & family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS