4/1 Krenov Plane Class Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well here are some pics from Saturday's class. Everyone did great. They all had planes capable of cutting wood when they left here. Maybe some of the guys will post pics of their planes.

Here is the class photo.
4-1-06-planeclass.jpg

glueup.jpg

Tom having a little fun with the camera. I was setting the camera on a timer so I could be in the pics with the guys and Tom kept posing when he heard the beeping. I had to turn the sound off to get some serious photos. :)
tomgoofing.jpg

sanding.jpg

It was a fun, relaxing day. I want to thank the guys for buying my lunch. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap That was really nice of you all. We all had a good time and
mission was accomplished. :icon_thum

Thanks,

John

Monty

New User
Monty
Yep... here's mine:

IMG_2351.jpg

I was only able to be there for a couple of hours in the afternoon, but I really enjoyed meeting everyone. It was really cool to see how each of us ended up with really different designs! In the end I think we all ended up with usable tools. Thanks again Woodguy!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John, it looks like you had another great class!!!! Insom. that is a beautiful plane, I can't wait to see the others that were made during the class.
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great job guys. John, it looks like your plane class was a huge success. Monty, for only being there for a couple hours you sure did knock out a gorgeous looking plane in a jiffy.:icon_thum I look forward to seeing photos of the other planes.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Cool, dueling planes :eusa_danc

Planes, pixs, and everyone gets a gloat! You guys SUCK :mrgreen:

Sapwood

T

toolferone

Okay here are some of my pics of the class. (Oh yea I had a great time too)

hp%201.jpg
hp%202.jpg
You will notice John's leg stepping on the light weight bench to try and hold it steady. You would think after building several VERY nice benches he would be ambarrassed to have that bench around!:lol:

hp%208.jpg

Click the link for a few more pictures.
http://www.dreamshopwoodworks.com/wooden%20handplane.htm

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Who says the Wright Brothers are the most infamous Plane makers in North Carolina?

Thanks to John for a fun and enlightening class. It was also the first time I was addressed as froglips in a public setting. Now thats some infamy!

Also, John's workbenchs were just amazing. Too bad I couldn't fit one in my bag on the way out.....

I also think someone at the class might have a new table saw tool gloat to share :)

Jim

Monty

New User
Monty
D L Ames said:
...for only being there for a couple hours you sure did knock out a gorgeous looking plane in a jiffy.

hehehe... actually I did most of the work the night before in my own shop. I glued up my stock and already had the sole flattened and the mouth properly sized.

IMG_2347.jpg

All I had left to do was insert the brass pin, make my wedge, and do a little shaping.

I wish I had more time to spend with the guys - seemed like a first class group of woodworkers, despite the mötley appearance of that group photo! :lol: I would have been there for the lunch gathering if SOMEBODY who will remain nameless (John) had remembered their CELL PHONE!!!! :jealous:

:lol:

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Top to bottom: Brazilian Cherry, Canary Wood, Purpleheart. I also put on a coat of BLO when I got it home.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
great looking planes guys, wish I'd been able to participate in that one...oh well, yet another future project.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS