Search results

1. Al Millman

"I don't need it. I just want it." - Bas

Charles, I bought one and sent it back, it had very poor resolution and did not work for my needs. Just though you might want to know. I got mine from Lee Valley and they have an excellent return policy, so if you do get one and it doesn't workout save your invoice you will need it to return the...
  2. Al Millman

Dust Right System

Travis, What you need is a baffle like the one discussed in an earlier in this thread, click on this link and check it out: http://www.cgallery.com/jpthien/cy.htm . There is a video that explains how it works. There are other systems out there as well, this one is shop made. Good luck, Big Al
  3. Al Millman

Dust Right System

Hi Reggie, I have had one for about 6 months and it work great for big clean ups a little to big for smaller hard to get into places however. Still have a shop vac for that. Hope your Holidays went well and Santa brought you all you wanted. Happy New Year, Big Al
  4. Al Millman

Calendar Contest EXTENDED 1 Week

I am sure there is more to it, they may be having some issues that we don't know about, give Scott a break, I am sure he is working hard on this. I know I have been having some issues getting my photo on and I started a few days after the initial announcement went out. Big Al
  5. Al Millman

Calipers

Robert, Try this http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_081409.htm Peachtree has some good deals from time to time. These are 6" inside/outside digitals. Big Al
  6. Pagoda Memory Box

Pagoda Memory Box

Pagoda Box, my first attempt at box making,it is a 6'x51/2' wood box made of Curly maple, Rose wood and Walnut. Design by David Selditz
  7. Al Millman

IT IS HERE. The NCWW 2010 Calendar Contest

Scott, I have up loaded two updated photos to the calender contest, one by mistake, the original that was to small and one I want to submit. How do I delete two of the photos that I do not need?:icon_scra I updated the photo to the size I think you need. Hope you can help. Big Al
  8. Calender_09

Calender_09

Pogota Box
  9. Pagoda Box

Pagoda Box

My first attempt at box making, it is a 6'x51/2' wood box made of Curly maple, Rose wood and Walnut.. Designed by David Selditz
  10. Al Millman

Woodworking and the Economy

I like Robert have seen a down turn in my business to the tune of 20-30%. That was until last weekend and we saw and increase of about 15% at over last year at the same venue.:eusa_clap The people were mostly from Florida on vacation or up here (Beech Mtn.) for the summer. I must say we are...
  11. Al Millman

3rd Week Donation Report

Stuart, I just mailed a donation to the address in this thread and guess I should have read more on the different ways to donate.:wconfused: I was wanting to know if there is a way I could get some kind of receipt for my donation? I am sorry it looks like I should have done it differently. Next...
  12. Al Millman

Questions, Gloat and a Sale

Michael, I have had good luck with the clear flexible hose that Peachtree Woodworking Supply sells, the 4"x20' is around 35.99. It is very flexible hot or cold and has spiral wire that will let you ground your system and avoid static electric build up. They have many other types of hose and in...
  13. Al Millman

Centering Route Bit in Table

Jeremy, I just was on the bench Dog site and could not find it. If you want to look at what the adapter is we could get together and I could show you what it is. Just PM me and we can find a way to meet. Big Al
  14. Al Millman

Centering Route Bit in Table

Jeremy, I bought one of those a year or so ago. Have not had a chance to use it yet but I did learn how to center the router bit. I have a Bench Dog Pro lift and I had to buy an adapter that allowed me to center the bushing and not the router (Bench Gog calls it a Guide Bushing Adapter part...
  15. Al Millman

New Toy!

If anyone is going to the Atlanta area via I85 there is a Ryobi outlet in Commerce, GA. That where all the outlet stores are, it is in the Tangier Outlet. They have some great buys, a lot of "RECON" peaces buy new as well. If you are going that way it's worth a stop, if just to stretch you legs...
  16. Al Millman

Shopless...

Tiffany, Welcome, I know what it is to need a shop to express your talent to work with wood. I fortunately had a very good friend that was more than willing to let me use his shop, and now I have taken over our new house's two car garage and have a shop to work in, but I am already looking...
  17. Al Millman

Shop Organization and CleanUp

Hi Reggie, I know what you mean, I think a lot has to do with the size of your shop. When the shop is small everything seems unorganized, like mine. when you have a lot of space--well I don't need to go there since I don't know what that would be like.:no: However, I do know where every thing...
  18. Al Millman

Sketchup 3D CAD classes for Woodworkers

Croc, I have started to use Sketchup and have really enjoyed learning the program. It has a fairly steep learning curve and I am sure I am only using a very little bit of what the program can do. I used it to draw a project I was working on for my wife and our craft business. I have a picture of...
  19. Al Millman

PLEASE READ - CPSIA Act of 2008 affects ww'er's

Jeff, From what I understand any toy that a child under the age of 12 will use has to be certified lead free, painted or not. This is what makes this issue so restrictive, now the powers that be are reexamining the Act and there may be changes. If you want to keep up with what is going on with...
  20. Al Millman

HD Design Center Going out of Business

Some things have been pick over but those two items have not they are still stacked in there boxes. The discount ranges from 30 to 60% on most things. Fasteners are 50% off the little bit of wood that they had is 40% off, there was not much. It is the Red oak, SYP and Popular that there other...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS