New Toy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwill48

James
I've always wanted a Compound Sliding Miter saw but never could justify the cost of one. Pop Wood. mentioned that Ryobi was putting out a low cost ($199.00) CSMS that had performed well the Ryobi TSS100L. Anyway put it the back of my mine as just another Chinese piece of crap. Well anyway was in HD today and they had one on display, I looked it over and other than for to much plastic (doesn't everything now a days) and being a little lightweight didn't look to bad. The slide works fairly smooth and most important didn't have much head play when fully extended. It also just happened to be on sale for $174.00. With the down turn in the economy and my job, it took a bit of thinking on my part to decide to get it (helped I had a $50 gift card).

Well just got it home and set it up and did all the adjustments. All I can say not to bad. Good straight cuts. Since my biggest use will be for breaking down boards ect, I think it will serve my needs well. And being able to cross cut a 12" board will sure make my life easier. I still won't sell my Hitachi CMS but it will get a lot more rest. I would never use this in a production capacity or as a every day construction site saw but for my wood shop I think it will do just find. By the way the included blade wasn't to bad.....
ryobi_tss100l.jpg

James

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey if it works for you there is not reason to spend $100's more. Nice score!!!

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I bought one of those Ryobi cordless tool sets years ago. It was hundreds less than the Dewalt set. I thought I would to give it a try but I really didn't expect much and I planned on taking it back if it didn't meet my expectations. I have used those tools like crazy and I love them. I also have a compound miter saw from Ryobi and it works like a charm. I have their angle grinder and it has been used hard and still works like a top. I am a big fan of their smaller power tools.

Al Millman

New User
Big Al
If anyone is going to the Atlanta area via I85 there is a Ryobi outlet in Commerce, GA. That where all the outlet stores are, it is in the Tangier Outlet. They have some great buys, a lot of "RECON" peaces buy new as well. If you are going that way it's worth a stop, if just to stretch you legs.
Big Al

sapwood

New User
Roger
Congrats!
I have an early Ryobi chop saw that keeps on chopping. What more could you ask?

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS