Woodguy Came Out of Remission

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
John,

I hope you measured the height of that beast. In case you can't get it into your shop because of ceiling clearance, I will gladly "store" it for you.

Congrats,
Bernhard

It's the only 36" saw that will fit. That top wheel moves 10" vertically. I just have to run a shorter blade to have the wheel below 8'. They typically run somewhere around 8'2" or 8'4" depending on the blade length used.

John

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Nope, you are not (and it isn't me). I know a member that has a pallet jack, a front end loader with forks, and a motor lift. He is quiet about it, but he has the disease. Not as bad as you, but worse than me.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I must say, I am NOT surprised at all!! 36 inch!!! Wow!!! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Now, the question is, "whatcha gonna sell to make room for that bad boy"? :lol: :lol:

Awesome find, man!! :icon_thum

Chuck

cskipper

Cathy
Well, you lasted longer than any of us expected! I don't think I can add much more to the comments above. Except - yes you can bring lumber straight into the shop to the band saw providing you move the shaper. But that wood will (hopefully) come out the other side of the saw and be maneuvered. That should be interesting. :lol:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
On the "other" band saw thread john said:

"So now I have the 36" Moak, 24" Meber, MM 16, and Rikon 14"... That might just take care of all my needs."

MIGHT!?!

At least till the next "good deal" comes along :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're just havin' to much fun . . .
pete

DavidF

New User
David
Nope, you are not (and it isn't me). I know a member that has a pallet jack, a front end loader with forks, and a motor lift. He is quiet about it, but he has the disease. Not as bad as you, but worse than me.

I know who you mean, and he does have it bad:lol: :lol:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Your shop sounds a lot like the "Tardis" on Dr who. Bigger on the inside than on the outside!!

LOL, if only that were true.

I will move my lumber rack out of the shop to free up some space. It looks like the garage is going to become a permanent offsite for my shop.

LOL!!!!!!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
The Tardis. OMG! I remember the old Dr Who shows.

I too would like to have an addition. Been thinking about a lean to/shed on the back side to store lumber, put the air compressor and dust collector in. Would gain a lot of space...... Oh well, LOML would kill me.......

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Bernhard.... they are talking about you. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know that guy too!!!!!!!!!

He has it really BAD!

Well, I started the 10-step program. I am on Step 8.....8 more pieces of equipment. By that time the shop space will be the limiting factor.

Actually, I did stray fom the program: Had to buy some steel and -lo and behold- there was a big Jet metal cutting band saw in the showroom at Dillon. After lusting and drooling over it, my friend (who works at Dillon) casually informed me that the did get a shipment of 10 of those and 2 of them came in damaged and needed to be disposed off. Out of the goodness of my heart, I offered my services to clear out those piles of scrap. To make a long story short, I took both for some -minor-nominal sum of money. All that was damaged was a scratch, one of the stop switch levers and one brass brush wheel cleaner was bend. After exhaustive repair (about 5 min) the saws were in perfect shape.
Not a 36" bandsaw, just a little one.
Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS