Woodguy Came Out of Remission

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I honestly thought I was over my own first documented case of WG disease, but it has sadly returned today at 2:00pm. I made a HUGE mistake and went on IRS Auctions site again. What did I find, a Moak 36" bandsaw in Hickory and in excellent condition. I went to see it privately last Friday and today I am the proud new owner of it.

Besides Being a Moak like my jointer it is the only 36" bandsaw that I can drop below 8' to fit in my shop. I should be able to take the top wheel and wheel cover off the saw and roll it right through a 7' door and reassemble it in my shop. Where will it go... I don't know yet. :rolf::rolf: I may give up the 3 spindle shaper for this bad boy. I've yearned for a big bandsaw where my shaper sits now. With lots of infeed and out feed space. In case you are trying to count this is bandsaw number 4 for me. It will join my Meber 24", MM 16", and Rikon 14" in the shop. Although the Rikon might have it's days numbered.

normal_58111A.jpeg

normal_58111C.jpeg

Let me have it!!!!!! I deserve it. :)

John

sapwood

New User
Roger
Woodguy, it great to say YOU SUCK again!

Once in a while you have to "take one for the team" :lol:

Roger

woodguy1975

New User
John
Woodguy, it great to say YOU SUCK again!

Once in a while you have to "take one for the team" :lol:

Roger

Roger, it is appropriate that you'd be the first responder to my Remission since you were the first to identify my disease. :rolf::rolf::rolf:

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Big saw
Nice saw, though I know nothing about bandsaws, but anything that big has to be nice.
After being in your shop it has to be nice.Heck even the stuff I get out of your trash cans is nice.
I do have one question though.
O.K. you can get the big saw through the door of your shop.
The big saw is needed to cut big wood.
How are you going to get the threes in your shop for the BIG SAW to cut?
Just wondering.
I ask this because I know the lay out of your shop access in respect to yuor property.:eusa_thin

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I thought the trips to China had cured your WG disease :rolf: :rolf: But I see I was wrong :lol: :lol:

AND

YOU SUCK
Nice saw John:icon_thum

woodguy1975

New User
John
Big saw
Nice saw, though I know nothing about bandsaws, but anything that big has to be nice.
After being in your shop it has to be nice.Heck even the stuff I get out of your trash cans is nice.
I do have one question though.
O.K. you can get the big saw through the door of your shop.
The big saw is needed to cut big wood.
How are you going to get the threes in your shop for the BIG SAW to cut?
Just wondering.
I ask this because I know the lay out of your shop access in respect to yuor property.:eusa_thin

LOL!!! I'll put the saw inline with my doors so I can just run them in and through the saw. LOL!!! I've wanted a Moak 36" for a while. :)

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
I saw that thing for sale. I figured you would be going after it. IIRC, it went for very cheap.

I almost got it for $400. Another guy bid it up to my max bid. One more bid higher than mine and I was giving up. At $1150 it was a very good price. These typically run over $2000 and the fact that I got to see it in person ahead of time let me know I was really getting a great deal.

See ya,

John

chris99z71

New User
Chris
SCORE!
You suck!
So is Monty touting his 36" bandsawing capacity yet? :rolf:

And for the record, I've been sitting on this quote for a while:

10-12-06:
[woodguy1975] 12:56 pm: If it weights more than 1000 lbs and has to be tilted to get it through the doors I'm not getting it.

woodguy1975

New User
John
SCORE!
You suck!
So is Monty touting his 36" bandsawing capacity yet? :rolf:

And for the record, I've been sitting on this quote for a while:

10-12-06:
[woodguy1975] 12:56 pm: If it weights more than 1000 lbs and has to be tilted to get it through the doors I'm not getting it.

LOL, I'm going to take the top wheel and cover off to take it into the shop. I won't have to tilt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

So I hope.....

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I wanted that 16" Bridgewood Jointer in Sanford, but the price got wayyyyy too high. It ended up being not much less than a new one. Oh well.......

Now you need to sell the Meber and the Rikon. You aren't going to use either much anymore if at all. I don't think I have turned my Delta on since I got my MM.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I wanted that 16" Bridgewood Jointer in Sanford, but the price got wayyyyy too high. It ended up being not much less than a new one. Oh well.......

Now you need to sell the Meber and the Rikon. You aren't going to use either much anymore if at all. I don't think I have turned my Delta on since I got my MM.

Really.... I use everyone of mine at least once a week myself. During classes thats a totally different story. They all run nearly constantly during class. :)

DavidF

New User
David
Puts my last purchase into perspective - I stood in front of a $25 halogen work light in HD last night for 15 mins trying to decide whether I REALLY needed it:lol: Carol is away in UK so couldn't get prior approval - scary:lol:

MikeH

New User
Mike
John you're NUTS. I thought the saying was "You can never have too many clamps" NOT BANDSAWS.....:lol: :lol: :rolf: :rolf: :lol: :lol:

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
John,

I hope you measured the height of that beast. In case you can't get it into your shop because of ceiling clearance, I will gladly "store" it for you.

Congrats,
Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS