Wood Earrings & Other Flat Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello Fellow Woodworkers,

I have been selling at the local Gardener's Market here in Logan, Utah. And started making Domestic and Exotic Wood Earrings. The locals love them and they sold very well the first few weeks. I also made the display stand from dumpster already finished Walnut and some old metal hangers for the rods.

I GREATLY Thank those for the scraps they sent me, it helped me to make these beautiful pieces. And now I have plenty for Christmas and Birthdays...I have 3 sisters.

In the process of making these thin pieces on the Table Saw I got sick of losing the thin strip in the wide insert so I made a Zero Clearance insert out of Walnut that I found in the local cabinet shops Dumpsters~! :eusa_danc The screws are very short and have flat bottoms like a set screw which I didn't have enough of. I think they are from something that broke which I salvage the screws and washers just in case. Good thing I did~!:gar-Bi

Added some masking tape to the loose areas and it fits like a glove. LOVING IT~!

Thanks for looking/Commenting~!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Cathy,

I cut them about 1/4" to 3/16" square and some I have left square, some I beveled the edges with the disc sander and some I tappered from top to bottom. The tappered ones are probably about 1/16 +/- at the top and 1/4" at the bottom.

The biggest pain of it all is having long fingernails to hold the small pieces and multiple bits as the break quite easily.

Thanks for the kind replies~!

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Congrats on the sales and they look great.Making the presents instead if buying is a winner.
Tony

jhreed

New User
james
The displays really set off the presentation. the card holders on the last pictures seem to be commercaily made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS