Wood and clamp gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Trinity Frame last week to look at the items up for auction. Bid on many but only won one lot.

102_4263.jpg

While I was there, the owner sold me 12 pallets of hardwood. I brought home the first three today. 8/4 soft maple (ambrosia), 8/4 cherry and 8/4 walnut. Once I get it unloaded, I'll have plenty to share.

102_4264.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am close and drooling, I would be most happy to help in the hauling, and most happy to purchase some. Ambrosia is music to my ears!!

Just PM me if you want some Tracy. The boards range in length from 1.5' to 4'. All of this load is 8/4. There are some glued up pieces (table leg blanks, I think) and some small butcher block sections too. Don't know what all I have yet.

ps: I lost a few pieces on I-85 on the way home. Some of the shrink wrap came loose. Scared the heck out of me.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Steve,
quite the haul,You can never have too many clamps .Looked at the Trinity Auction but could not get away from work to check it out.More and more people are finding out about the auctions and the prices are rising.I'm also close so if you decide to part with some of that 8/4 I also would be interested.

J

jeff...

Nice score and who said wood don't fly? I does pretty easy at 65 MPH... don't it?

M

McRabbet

Steve -- Our Western NC Woodworkers could use some of the 8/4 clear maple and 8/4 cherry if you're willing to contribute some for our Toys for Kids project -- we're hoping to make 1,000 toys this year for disadvantaged kids in the Asheville area. If push comes to shove, we can pay for it, too.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Steve, I am interested in some of the short pieces. I gotta get practice on handcut dovetails, and softwoods don't cut it (pun intended). Who am I kiddin' :slap:, at 4', and less, they are all short pieces.

8/4 will let me get some time in with my jointer, planer, and DC w/my home-spun cyclone (pun intended).

jimwill48

James
Steve,
If possible I'd like to purchuse a couple of pieces also. Maybe some walnut, cherry and ambrosia in 8/4 and 6 to 8 inch width to cut up into bowl blanks. Let me know what you want, your just up the road from me.

James

I will be picking up the other pallets next week. The walnut and cherry are in very short supply but I will have tons of maple. Only maple is available. So far, I've seen lots of ambrosia and some clear. There are very few boards over 4" wide. It was cut for furniture that was never made. Most of the boards are 2' long or shorter. I will take pics of the wood (instead of the pallets) as soon as I get it home and get a feel for what's there. I will have hundreds of board feet for sale very cheap.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Steve, the 4" width is good for my use. Maple will be dandy, thought my favorite species is "free" :slap:

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Steve, if I am reading this correctly this sounds as if it would be good for bandsaw boxes and cutting boards. Am I correct? If so I would be interested.

More pallets today. Did a great job of taking pictures. Borrowed my neighbor's John Deere with forks and unloaded 9 more pallets - that's 12 so far. Got stuck outside unloading in a thunderstorm, ran for cover and left the camera in the shop. I'll post the pics tomorrow night. All wood is KD, mostly soft maple, mostly shorts 12-48" long, up to 10/4. Some glued slabs up to 5" thick in oak, maple and poplar. Slabs run up to 30" X 30" or better. Already surfaced two sides. All shorts will be $1.00 a board ft. Not sure the price on the slabs and glued up posts. Pm me if you are interested. Several people are coming this weekend. I will get the remaining pallets tomorrow. It is well over 2000 bd ft total. I will keep half of the wood, the other 1000 bd ft or so is for sale. What NCWW folks don't buy will go on e-bay for significantly more.

I'll move this to wood for sale tomorrow when I post the pics.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Steve:

I could really use some 10/4 or larger maple for roling pins. I have a commission for three pins. I need pieces at least 16" long. Any chance I can buy something like that from you?

Doug

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Steve:

I could really use some 10/4 or larger maple for roling pins. I have a commission for three pins. I need pieces at least 16" long. Any chance I can buy something like that from you?

Doug
Doug and Steve
I was thinking the same I have a few pins to make and a couple vases. I would like to buy some of the 10/4 or larges blanks if that is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS