Turning black palm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
If you want some real fun try a crosscut spiral segmented red palm and black palm
trivia_004.jpg

:eusa_pray If I start praying now will I be that good sometime before I die?:eusa_pray

Eagle, that is truely awesome!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mike, I'm up to the challenge, if you are. Can't say we aren't gonna turn it now, DaveO double dog dared us and you know what happens when it goes to a trible dog dare, you tongue ends up stuck to a flag pole.

I see that somebody has watched the best X-Mas movie around. Be careful you could put your eye out with that Black Palm blank...wear a face shield :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
now we wouldn't want to put an eye out...that's why I'm letting Mike turn it while I suprivise:) :rolf:

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
You had too much time in blank preparation to just quit on it...that's one that you completely destroy before giving up on...even then, you hope it's not Humpty Dumpty!

This was after drilling one tube.
When you glue the tube in the blank there should only be one piece.
Like I said I should have known it was going to give mem problems.

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
trivia_005.jpg

( I remebered the smilies this time)

cskipper

Cathy
This was after drilling one tube.
When you glue the tube in the blank there should only be one piece.
Like I said I should have known it was going to give mem problems.

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
trivia_005.jpg

( I remebered the smilies this time)

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Mike, You're really going for broke aren't you! Make sure you take LOTS of pics during this pen! You're going to be teaching me soon!

MikeH

New User
Mike
Hey Mike, You're really going for broke aren't you! Make sure you take LOTS of pics during this pen! You're going to be teaching me soon!

I think Phillip is bringing his laptop and webcam to video the turning and hopefully he'll bring his camera also. My camera finally died this past weekend.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
This is one pen turning event that sure is getting a lot of attention! You guys better not mess this one up...the whole board is watching now to see how you guys do!!!!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Good luck! I was going to head to woodcraft this weekend to get some CA, but I'm guessing they are going to be sold out...:eusa_whis

Cheers,
Chris

MikeH

New User
Mike
This is one pen turning event that sure is getting a lot of attention! You guys better not mess this one up...the whole board is watching now to see how you guys do!!!!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Good luck! I was going to head to woodcraft this weekend to get some CA, but I'm guessing they are going to be sold out...:eusa_whis

Cheers,
Chris

We'll be sure to post the results regardless of the outcome. We'll hopefully have video of the event unless the blank takes out the webcam when it explodes. :slap: Phillip will be buying all the thin CA they have today. :rolf:

MikeH

New User
Mike
Good luck guys.... Have fun!

Thanks Dave! We'll have fun no matter what. You may want to get in on the wager that Chris is heading up. He doesn't have any confidence that we will successfully complete the pen. :lol: :slap: :lol:

The proceeds of the bet (when we complete the pen!!!) will go to help Phillip buy his own lathe. :rolf: Right Chris?!?!? ;-)

jimwill48

James
Black Palm is a bear to turn. Super sharp tools are a must and most likely outcome will be "palm straw blowing in the wind" when it blows. At least it's fun to see how it comes apart (think hundreds of little straws). but really, use ca to stablize, sharp tools, and take your time and you will get a good pen 2 out of 3 times. Its a challange for sure!

JW

MikeH

New User
Mike
Black Palm is a bear to turn. Super sharp tools are a must and most likely outcome will be "palm straw blowing in the wind" when it blows. At least it's fun to see how it comes apart (think hundreds of little straws). but really, use ca to stablize, sharp tools, and take your time and you will get a good pen 2 out of 3 times. Its a challange for sure!

JW

Thanks Jim. We're going to give it our best shot and use extreme patience in turning it. The tools will be sharpened often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors