Stanley Bailey Clamps at Big Lots: Bessey K Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I picked up a dozen 48 inchers at the store in Winston-Salem on Silas-Creek. Then, I went to the store on University, hoping to score some 60 inchers but only walked away with three 12 inchers.

The Silas-Creek store had lots of 48 inchers left and lots of 12 inchers.

This was on my way home from the Woodcraft store where I picked up some tools that never go on sale...

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I wiped the store clean in Matthews today. I scored 4 48" plus I bought some of th trigger grips 24".

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I wiped the store clean in Matthews today. I scored 4 48" plus I bought some of th trigger grips 24".

Funny ... that's where my wife picked up some of mine the other day ... she went back this afternoon and got four more 60" ones as the guys brought them out of the back room. He saw her grab them and he commented to her that he had just put a bunch out and someone already took them, and here she went taking these! I guess you were the lucky customer right before her!:gar-La;

So ... I am thinking they have more in the back ... even when they don't know about it. My wife asked on Friday and they said "this is it", but I guess not. You got 4 more, and I got 4 more ...

Also ... FYI ... I got to use some of these this weekend ... and they seem pretty dang good. I am SHOCKED and VERY pleased! What a price!

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Jeremy that is good to know they work well. I will be putting them to use hopefully in the next couple of weeks. That's funny that they had more in the back. I will have to check again next time I am in one and see if they have any in the back. I have 4 48" and 2 60" I would like to have at least another handful of them.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I too have found them to be pretty good!

The one problem I have had is loosing the little yellow stand clips of off the end of the bar. I took them off, added a drop or two of epoxy on the tab and glued them to the end of the bar. (I won't be reversing to spreaders anyway, so I thought what the heck.)

Big Lots do have some pricing issues at some stores as I picked up two 24" clamps for $10 apiece instead of the $15 I paid for the 1st two!:cool::cool:

The sales people have asked me both times I visited...."What's with all you guys buying up these 'thingy's' before we can even restock the shelves!":swoon::swoon::swoon:

Oh well. A deal is a deal and we can never have too many clamps!!!!!

Happy huntin!

Wayne

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Yeah those little yellow clips are kind of a pain. The four I just bought have them on there the first two I have didn't. I will just have to be careful and make sure they don't fall off. :)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
In my conversation with one of the managers at the Spring Lake location, they do anticipate getting more in, because of the size of the Stanley buy-out, so it pays to ask your local store that had some, when their freight day is, and then visit them that afternoon for the new stock.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I realize that Myrtle Beach is a bit too far to drive just to get clamps but the MB store has many, many 24 inchers and a lot of the Fat Max heavy duty trigger clamps. So for those who need clamps, use that as an excuse to come to the beach in November. It is really great to be able to get around and not have to fight a lot of traffic and also not have to wait in line at the more popular restaurants.

Rob

New User
Rob
I just picked up one of the Bessy clones and 2 F clamps, $10 each. That's over half what I see them for sale on line. I'm going to have to keep my eye on Big Lots more often.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I just picked up one of the Bessy clones and 2 F clamps, $10 each. That's over half what I see them for sale on line. I'm going to have to keep my eye on Big Lots more often.

Yeah, they get a bad rap for selling junk that makes HF look good which they do have, but they also have a lot of name brand stuff. But if you buy the no name cut off discs there, be sure to wear a flak jacket (DAMHIKT :roll:).

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, I'm up in Indiana this week and the BigLots has a TON here ... of course! Guess I could always ship them back!

russellellis

New User
Russell
I envy you guys. I stopped at 2 stores on the way back from Virginia Tech Veterinary Hospital and then at the 2 stores here at home and have only been able to find 2 48"s. The manager said that was the only 2 that came on the truck and not sure if they expect more. But have been restocked on the f styles every week now.

Marlin

New User
Marlin
Anybody have the SKU's for the other larger clamps. Here is what I have...

18" SKU 230021542
24" SKU 230021543

I tried calling and asking but was told yea we have them. Well I get there and they have none. So I am trying to get the SKU's.

Thanks

Marlin

New User
Marlin
^

I take it HAD meant they had some and you NOW have 3. :)

But can you look at the reciept and get the SKU number for me?

Thanks

18" SKU 230021542
24" SKU 230021543

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS