Stanley Bailey Clamps at Big Lots: Bessey K Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Got these (24" and 60") at Clemmon's Big Lots today for $15.00 apiece. They also have a variety of other Stanley/Bailey clamps and a neat little multiangle vise ($15.00).

The Bar clamps were in 18", 24" and 60" sizes.

You can read about them over at Amazon

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thank you, I am gonna check at our big lots, and maybe some others close by.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
I don't know what their in-house inventory was like. When I left, there were about 4 - 18"(these are $10.00), 2 - 24" and 1 - 60" plus a display of pipe clamps (3/4"), light duty corner clamps and some 12" automatic clamp/spreaders(?).
I did not check the back room (since I had spent my budget) and I did not have them check other stores. Recently, at a Big Lots in the Wilmington area they had an all steel HD deep reach screw clamp for sale for $10.00 by Stanley/Bailey.

Good Hunting

bwat

New User
Bill
I was about to post this as well. I got (by Sears prices) $332 worth of clamps for $85 and will likely go back tomorrow for more...you can never have too many clamps! Be sure to filter through the piles to get the end caps that get knocked off in the stores.

Also had hand screws - multiple sizes for $7 and pipe clamps for $7.

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
Thanks for posting this. Just cleaned out the Greenville store. 4, 24" and 2 18". Left one 18 that another guy was looking at.

Bryan

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I got two of the 60" ones at the one in Mooresville. That was all they had. Hopefully they will get some more. Hopefully one of the other ones around here will have some more.

bwat

New User
Bill
Sorry about that Kevin. I should have mentioned my purchases were made in the Mooresville store. They still have plenty of pipe clamps though.

M

McRabbet

There were none at the Hendersonville Big Lots this morning at 09:15. Oh well...

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
How's the quality on these? Do they really compare, or just a look alike? I fallen for this look alike before but they were nothing like the Bessey.

If you say they are good ... I'm going hunting!

bwat

New User
Bill
Haven't put them to use yet but reviews are good. They are heavier (not necessarily a good feature) than my Besseys and have a multi sided softer handle. Can't beat them for $10-15.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Sorry about that Kevin. I should have mentioned my purchases were made in the Mooresville store. They still have plenty of pipe clamps though.

No problem.. I am going to look at some of the other stores in the area.

Who knows, they might get some more in next week.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, the LOML stopped by BIGLOTS in Matthews and picked up all they had in stock (which only amounted to six, I think). I'll give them a try at that price ... and the reviews online seem okay.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Well, the LOML stopped by BIGLOTS in Matthews and picked up all they had in stock (which only amounted to six, I think). I'll give them a try at that price ... and the reviews online seem okay.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You beat me to that store. Oh well. Atleast I got two of them. Let's see I know there is a Biglots in concord somewhere.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I was looking online, and the 24" one is $50 on Amazon ... so $15 is a steal. I hope they are as good as the reviews ... I'll be one happy camper. Never have enough clamps.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
None i n the store in Durham at the hwy 54-55 intersection. They do have some of the F-style clamps.

RayH

New User
Ray
Raleigh/Glenwood store had 24" for $10 and 36" quick-clamp for $15 this morning. the shelf was stacked up. I only took a couple of each:gar-La;.

Ray

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
As I said ... at that price, it's worth the gamble and from what the reviews online looked like, a fairly safe one.

My wonderful wife was kind enough to scour Charlotte Matthews and Southside BigLots in search of clamps. Matthews had a few, but the real score was down by the Klingspor store southside. Here's the haul ... lots of yellow in the shop now!:icon_chee

Some 18", 24", 48" and 60" Stanley Bailey K-body style.

Also got a couple of their "heavy duty" 12" clamps of the other style (F-style).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS