Some Major Gloat's. Last night of Work, & Accepted..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

I am on my Last Night Of Work~! IE I am done with the Military.... Woooo Hoooo. At 0645 this morning I will Officially be on Terminal leave till 19 April. :banana:

Another Major Gloat.... I Got a Letter in the Mail and I have been Accepted to Utah State University (USU) In Logan, Utah. :eusa_danc :banana: I'm so Excited~!

Now to Sell the house :eusa_doh:.

I am seriously going to miss NC/NCWW and all the Awesome Woodworkers I have meet, got to know, and gained so much Knowledge from. I will most certainly keep in touch as I will miss you guys.:gar-Cr

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congratulations! Hope you have a safe move. Keep in touch & send pics.

b4man

New User
Barbara
For you that's great news. For us, not so much:gar-Cr

Without you to find all those Hot Deals my job will be seriously in jeopardy! Just promise not to leave us when you leave town!

Best of everything to you and your family Matthew.

Barbara

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Matthew,

Thank you... for your service to this country as well as all you have contributed to this virtual community. All the best to you and your family in Utah.

And we DO expect invites to join UWW (Utah WoodWorkers) at some time in the near future. :gar-Bi

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Congrats!

I wish you well on this new adventure in your life.

Don't forget to dress warmly, I hear Utah has more of this white stuff :)

Jim

M

McRabbet

Matthew, we all appreciate your service and wish you the very best as you embark on your advanced education in Utah. Obviously, you're facing a stressful period as you stage your huse for sale and make the arduous move out west, but there is no reason you cannot stay linked into NCWoodworker after you've moved -- "Once a member, always a member!" -- so you'll never really be gone.

T

tmwassack

Matthew,
Thanks for your service to our great country! You will enjoy Logan. I have been on many business trips to Logan and still return there every chance I get, even though business now takes me to Salt Lake. Logan is a great college town and USU is one of the most beautiful campuses I have visited. The drive out Logan canyon to Bear Lake is spectacular.

There are quite a few OWWM (Old Wood Working Machines) members in Utah. If you are not a member of OWWM, join up and fellowship with some great folks from Utah!

Regards,
Tom Wassack
Asheboro, NC

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Matthew,

Thank you for your service to our country. Congratulations on getting accepted to USU! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap If you do end up away from the site for a while, I hope it's because you're busy and not that you've forgotten about us. :eusa_pray Best of luck to you with the new change of direction. I'm sure things are going to work out nicely for you and your family. :icon_thum

Dragon

New User
David
Matthew, everyone else has already said it all and anything I could add would only be a reiteration of that. Congrats on your "new" life, be safe, and by all means, stay in touch with us. Your input here will be missed so...............keep signing in and I too will await the invite to Utah Woodworkers.net.
:eusa_danc:icon_thum:eusa_clap Show 'em how it's done out there!!!!!!!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Matt, that's worth a row of dancing bannas!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Good luck and good grades :icon_thum
And I do like Utah . . . what a beautiful state :yes4lo:

Roger

Last edited:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Congrats Matthew! Sounds like a lot of good opportunity is ahead of you! You'll still be able to post on NCWW from Utah, so don't be a stranger. Besides I may need to be able to get a hold of you when I try making some lathe tools!

RayH

New User
Ray
Best of luck to you, Matthew. And thanks, again, for the plywood. I start another new base cabinet next.

Ray

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Matthew,

Thank you... for your service to this country as well as all you have contributed to this virtual community. All the best to you and your family in Utah.

And we DO expect invites to join UWW (Utah WoodWorkers) at some time in the near future. :gar-Bi

I wish they had a Utah Woodworkers. I have found a couple sites. One is pretty cool as they have meetings every couple of months and a bunch of DVDs that you can rent for $2 for a full month.

I'll have to find it again: Here it is: http://www.utahwoodturners.org/ Under Video Library you can see all the DVDs they have and rent for $2 a month

Last edited:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Matthew,
Thanks for your service to our great country! You will enjoy Logan. I have been on many business trips to Logan and still return there every chance I get, even though business now takes me to Salt Lake. Logan is a great college town and USU is one of the most beautiful campuses I have visited. The drive out Logan canyon to Bear Lake is spectacular.

There are quite a few OWWM (Old Wood Working Machines) members in Utah. If you are not a member of OWWM, join up and fellowship with some great folks from Utah!

Regards,
Tom Wassack
Asheboro, NC

Thanks for the link Tom~! And Welcome to NCWW if I haven's already welcomed you~!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Best of luck to you, Matthew. And thanks, again, for the plywood. I start another new base cabinet next.

Ray

Thanks Ray~!

And your welcome~! I am glad the plywood worked so well for you~! And you sure can't beat free~! :nah:

Thanks for the mobil base and stand~! :notworthy:

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Mathew,
I wish you the very best in your new adventure. As a college professor, I find that older students are typically better students...you are more motivated and more focused...you will do very well!

Also, thank you for your service to our country, we are deeply indebted to you. My son leaves tomorrow for deployment in Afghanistan. Please keep him, and all of the others who are serving, in your thoughts and prayers.

Donn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors