Simple, Custom Metal working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

I would like to see if anyone (or knows of someone who) does basic metal working. The trunk I bought to put on my motorcycle needs some type of rack to which it can be attached. (This is what I got on eBay)

Although there are after market luggage racks available, I don't want to spend $150-$200+ for something that will be covered up. I believe it could be made out of steel about 3/16" thick. Maybe as simple as a couple of wings coming out from along the seat on each side with a couple of pieces of angle iron attached. (Welded or bolted). I will spray paint the assembly flat black with rust resistant paint and then attach the base plate to the brackets.

I should be able to provide life size templates once the bike is in my hands the latter part of next week or the week after.

Any help or suggestions on how to make this work would be appreciated.

Rick

cskipper

Cathy
Rick, I have no idea but am going to bump this back to the top and hopefully someone will have the answer.

Rob

New User
Rob
Rick, I've done custom bumpers, roll cages, tube work, etc. I could probably fab up something for you, but the best way is to bring me the bike and case and let me look, and to ensure a good fit. Could probably do it in a few hours. I'm about 30 mins from Cary.

R

rickc

Rick, I have no idea but am going to bump this back to the top and hopefully someone will have the answer.

Actually - I have just found a place where I can get these at a much more reasonable price than what I had been seeing. Please close the thread. Thank you, Cathy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS