Selling Products by ncwoodworker members.

If are reasonably sure that you will participate in the .COM site, if the dues are OK, please select

• Not More than $5/month

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Not More than $10/month

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Not More than $15/month

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Not More than $20/month

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Not More than $25/month

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Not More than $30/month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
In order to really sell on the internet you need to have a professional catalog with peices that are for sale. The photos are very important for selling anything via internet. I will be offering some direct sales of rockers through my own site, so I invested the money in a photo studio.

Comission work via the internet is nearly nonexistant. I've gone the .com approach with my pens for a while trying to do custom work and it never really produced any real sales. Folks wanting to sell need to have acutual peices for sale and good photos to make anything of this opportunity in my opinion.

My offer stands for NCwwer photo services when I'm in the states. I can even do photo work while the school is down as long as I'm around. Just gotta bring your peice to me. :)

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
Steve -
I really like the idea, and would probably advertise on it. Over the course of my career as a woodworker, all my commissions have come from word of mouth. I have never advertised or promoted myself. However, that was not only because I seemed to get enough work to keep me busy without advertising, but also because I never really found a forum to advertise the level of custom work I do that would have a reasonable chance of reaching those who might commission me to do a piece. I believe a site that is associated with NCWoodworkers, properly promoted, might just put me in front of those who might want my services and be willing to pay for them. I'm not technical, so I can't really say too much about how it should be set up, or all the email stuff, but I have found the work of you and those who created/maintain this site to be thoroughly professional and thorough. And I trust your integrity. So I'm for it.
Thanks for you ongoing efforts - you really do quite a job for all of us, for which I am very grateful.
Roger Goldman

timsparents@earthlink.net

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks Mike And Dave.
Just to be clear, the way you "tell" me you are in is to use the poll. Just enter a "vote for $15. If some of you that already voted for small er amounts and now want to change it to higher amount, just PM me and I'll change it for you.
Also note that 30 people at $10/ month will also get us there.

If everybody that voted would commit to $15 a month you would have enough to do the site.

I don't have anything to sell but, I will give $15 a month just to help everybody else.

How many of you will commit to $15 a month?

:icon_thum

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Will it work, I don't know. All we can do is set it up and tell the world (advertise) and see what happens. But I do know that without an advertising budget of at least $300/month, it will not work.
I'm in if it will work :eusa_danc
Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
If you convert the 8 who said "not more than $20" to $10's you'd have 16 add the 3 $15 folks and the 4 $10 folks you'd have 24 of the 30. (I know it's fuzzy math - sorry I'm a bit punchy today) :lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If you convert the 8 who said "not more than $20" to $10's you'd have 16 add the 3 $15 folks and the 4 $10 folks you'd have 24 of the 30. (I know it's fuzzy math - sorry I'm a bit punchy today) :lol:
I know what you mean:icon_thum But that's what I did. If more people have added themselves then I'll need to change the numbers.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Your numbers are wrong, only 22 people have even responded to the poll:crybaby2:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well, I'm not a .com participate. Heck, I'm too slow to get family gifts out on time, much less production :lol:

However, I entered the poll for $10 a month if it will help folks get the ball rolling. :rbedface:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors