RTP Lunch Bunch & Habitat Re-Store Run

Would you like to join us for food and fun?

• You betcha!

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • I was planning to attend, but <stuff> has come up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjgreen

New User
Tim
+1 for Jason's Deli. Good spot if folks are going and coming at different times, and they have free ice cream.

Len

New User
Len
I can give a definate "maybe" on this, depending on whether I have anyone coming in to pick up their locomotive that day.

Personally, I'd rather NOT have to take out a second mortgage just to get a burger at Red Robin.

Len

T

toolferone

Well it looks like I am in town so I voted a yes, But as with my traveling things can change.

I like Jason's Deli!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Well, sounds like a unanimous vote for Bob Evans.

I'm a funny guy. :rotflm:

[BANANA]So Jason's Deli it is![/BANANA]

Jason's Deli
Durham, NC: New Hope Commons
5408 New Hope Commons Dr. #123A
Durham, NC 27707

Phone: 919-493-3350
Fax: 919-493-3357

That leaves the last question, timing.

We could get our food to go, hang out in the restore parking lot, picnic style.

A traditional way would be to eat, then shop. Say 11:30 to 12:30 food, 12:30 - 1:30 Restore (or shop then eat).

Your opinions are welcome and really appreciated :)

Jim

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Let's save the tailgaiting/picnics for football games and eat inside and enjoy the A/C at Jason's. Eat first and then go to the re-store.

T

toolferone

Lunch first sounds good to me. But of course lunch always sounds good to me!! While I am on the subject of food. I have lost 28 pounds so far. I seem to be on the slow but steady diet.

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
I voted and I am in along as the food is good - I am so glad there is no GC close

Actually...there is one 4 or so miles away...but why travel that far when you've got about 15-20 choices nearby.

I'm in...provided my bid that day is in good shape.

Last edited:

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
I am going to have to pass after all. My husband has a last minute dentist appt. that day. I hope you find some great deals at Habitat!

Amy

Glennbear

Glenn
As much as I would love to make the journey southward my tool/travel budget just took a 24HP, 42" deck, $1500 hit. :eusa_doh:My Troy-Bilt became financially impractical to maintain anymore and Sears had this beast drastically reduced so with the 10% Friends & Family day discount I saved a ton of money. :eusa_danc

Since Jim mentioned TNBTG I could not resist the chance to post a sneaky gloat. :gar-La; I hope you folks have a great time and rest assured I will be with this great group of woodworkers in spirit if not in person. :wsmile:

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Folks, I have to bail out on this one. Have a great time and I hope to catch you on the next.

Len

New User
Len
Looks like I have to pass this time too. Several funerals have the store where my repair shop is located short handed, so I've been asked to help out. Maybe next time.

Len

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sorry Amy, Phil and Len can't make it. Rest assured, we will eat again!

Sounds like eating first works.

11:30 at Jason's Deli
12:30 at the Re-Store

I'm hungry all ready! See you then.

Jim

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
Sorry folks...I'm going to have to back out too...had some stuff come up for work.

I was looking to the opportunity to meeting you guys.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Congrats, thats quite a new tool!

I hope you will consider riding it on one of the upcoming Crawls :p If so, might need to leave tomorrow to be in Charlotte by Sept 19th :)

Looking forward to seeing folks out today! For those who are new (aka don't know what we look like), I'll bring some sort of tool and leave it out on the table.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Congrats, that is quite a nifty new Tractor!

I hope you will consider riding it on one of the upcoming Crawls :p If so, might need to leave tomorrow to be in Charlotte by Sept 19th :)

Sorry we'll miss ya James.

Looking forward to seeing folks out today! For those who are new (aka don't know what we look like), I'll bring some sort of tool and leave it out on the table.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Wow, we have a great turn out!

The Deli was quite tastey and they were more than happy to let us build up a giant table.

The fellow running the register even talked about the Woodwright shop :)

After eating, we high tailed it over to the Re-Store for some sweet deals and quite a few "if I had this when I _____ wouldn't have paid full price for it".

For those who were there, the picture of Tom's vegetable fork turned out too good.

Finally, a special Happy Birthday to Dan Snyder, he turned 23. Again.

Roger (sapwood) was there, but my 10 year old camera didn't pick him up so well......

P10100209.JPG

View image in gallery

Jim

tjgreen

New User
Tim
My first lunch bunch! Thanks for setting it up. Had a great time, and developed some serious lathe/shop/retired guy envy (I'm talking to you, Charlie). Looking forward to the next one.

sapwood

New User
Roger
OK folks, what happens in the deli . . . stays in the deli :rolf:
Nice to meet some new folk and chat with the old :wink_smil

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors