Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
He is daring us. My 2 cents is leave it be until someone goes over the edge and then delete the entire thread.

Good catch Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
So how long are we going to let this continue to push the envelope????? I think it needs to be removed from public view.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The thread has be deleted. This posted crossed the line:

"Maybe we could all get job there too!!! Then we too could all make stuff to sell at WALMART!!! and eat rice 3 times a day"

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Predictable post from a repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat offender. I say it deserves a predictable response. Then we can do it all over again tomorrow. Kinda like groundhog day. Anyone seen Punxsutawny Phil?

images

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bob you are 110% right. We all knew that thread would crash and burn. So did Jeff. That is why he did it. In fairness, Jeff's post was technically legal it was his intent.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Dang...I get to spend the evening in the shop and I miss all the fun :crossedlips:

Glad to see there was someone here to stop it. :thumbs_up

b4man

New User
Barbara
"...... but Jeff (is ) on virtually constant probation. One more delibrate violation will most likely result in suspension or banishment. I would not be comfortable with him as a moderator.

JM2CW.

Doug"

Well, so much for that idea:no:

Has Jeff been made aware of his probation? If so we need to follow through and if not he needs to be informed of the consequences of his actions.

PLEASE!

Barbara:BangHead:

cskipper

Cathy
Yes, technically his post might have been okay, but it was deliberate in its intent. This should be his final act. I believe that we need to follow up with Jeff's suspension or banishment, of figure out a way to explain why that's just not an empty threat (and why moderating will continue to be a PIA).

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
There is a BoD meeting in the next two weeks. It will be discussed there.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
This will be put on the BoD agenda. Jeff is aware of his "status" as a member of the BoD spoke to him in person after the last incident.

Not only, will we have to decide what to do with Jeff, but also what announcements, if any, to make to the membership. This may be a way to enlighten our members or it may just raise more issues.

BTW: Also on th BoD agenda will be a BoD/admin/moderator teleconference. While threads like this are helpful, I think we could use an opportunity to talk amongst ourselves live.

Doug

b4man

New User
Barbara
Is it really a good idea to wait two weeks to inform Jeff of his fate?

It seems like punishing a dog the day after he rummaged thru the trash.

Unless, there is a really good reason why he can't at least be put on suspension now I suggest we get on with it. I feel like he is being given the umpteenth chance and the site is suffering for it.

Is our policy not clear enough? Is it necessary to have a BoD vote on what to do with a violator? If the answer to the first question is NO and the second question is YES then I believe we need to go back to the Policy drawing board, make it clear and then make it happen. Take any personal feelings out of the action.

JM2CW.

Barbara

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Barbara:

Point taken. Our BoD meeting will not be until /16 or 1/17. So I will start a thread in the BoD forum to resolve our response ASAP.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS