Old Member First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman

New User
Chad
I have been a member going on 10 months. I visit from time to time but have not taken the time to post.
I have been a Machinist for over 34 years. In 92 I open a shop of my own, only to get flooded in 99. Went back working fore the other man....:bs:
In fixing up my home I got some woodwork tools, I was going to make my own Kitchen cabinets, but before I got started I had some gived to me. So I the woodworking tools and machines sit in my shop.
At the end of last year a coworker was talking about setting a woodworking shop up. Well I am 52 and would like to quite work in about 10 to 15 years. I had all but 3 machines, my tax return got them and off I went. I have a small shop 36 x 60 and, I making pullouts for cabinets at this time. Well must go!!!:saw:

Chad

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Chad, I am glad you joined and finally spoke up. So are you woodworking full-time, or contemplating it??
Don't be a stranger,
Dave:)

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Chad and welcome to the site. I would also like to have a "small" shop like yours. Good luck with your woodworking.

toolman

New User
Chad
Welcome Chad, I am glad you joined and finally spoke up. So are you woodworking full-time, or contemplating it??
Don't be a stranger,
Dave:)
I'm working part time for now. In 10 to 15 years I plan to go full time..

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site -- glad you decided to join the forum discussions -- if you get a chance, post some pictures of that shop of yours in a gallery. I enjoy cabinet work, too, but I'm retired and do it mostly for others to make some tool money.

Glad to have you out in the open! Rob

sapwood

New User
Roger
Chad, glad you decided to speak out. We're glad to have you aboard and wish you success in the woodworking adventure. :icon_thum

Roger (whose shop is 10x14 :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors