Ok Signup time for May WG Maloof Rocker Class!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well, I think it is time to start the signup for the next rocker class. It will start in the mid part of May and run for 6 class days as the first class. I'll contact everyone in the class to agree on the schedule so we can make it the most convenient for you. You've seen the action...

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2089

Now become part of it!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to get the class roster started so I can contact everyone in the class and get a common schedule that works for everyone. The first class has gone very smoothly and I am sure our process works very well. The one thing that was lacking was the student work area. Well we'll have it now. I am currenly building 3 benches by March 25 to add to the shop just for class use! They will be complete with patternmakers vises. Here is a quick 3D model.

benchfinalassemb2.jpg

So, who wants to come break in my new benches and make a rocker? The fee for this course will be $300 and you will have to buy your materials (Just $50 a full 12 hr day :) ). Again Mahogany or Walnut are you choices for your first rocker. It is a great project to undertake. The guys in the current class will tell you how exciting this project really is and how much they've grown through the process. It looks daunting, but broken down into step, can be easiliy accomplished.

chairtour2.jpg

Please reply to this post or PM me if you want to sign up.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
I bet this class will fill up quickly. Before long, there's gonna be more Maloof style rockers per capita in North Carolina than any other state!!! :mrgreen:

woodguy1975

New User
John
The schedule is being revised for long distance folks. The classes are going to run Sat/Sunday instead of just Saturdays. That way it will be 3 weekends instead of 6. For travel 3 weekends with a stayover should be more doable.

Thanks,

John

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Its a great class and well worth it. You will have fun. Its a lot of work, but hopefully in the end it will be very rewarding. So far my chair is turning out great.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I will have to pass as I cant be away from the mill 3 weekends in a row. The logs over run me if I am away more than one week as it stands.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I do need to clarify. :D

I'm changing the class into two day groupings that are both Saturday and Sunday instead of just Saturday. That way materials can stay in my shop overnight and save you guys a lot of handleing and make it a lot easier. The classes will run at the very least every other weekend. Probably will run every three weeks. No way could I run it three weekends in a row. I have other classs running between the rocker class. We will have a 3 week dealy around the 4th. We schedule for the most convenience of everyone in the class. I think doing a Sat/Sunday grouping is going to really improve things in term of handling and "Getting into the Groove". This makes it more convient for guys like Mike who might have to travel for the class.

I hope you can make that schedule Kyle. I don't want to make it less convient for anyone.

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS